- Health/dental/life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Discounted nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership
- Other employee perks including free skiing/mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts
- Job Categories Landscaper
- Qualifications GED
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Job Start Month February 2020
- Job Available Until Month Year round
- Job BenefitsCOMPENSATION: This is a full time, year-round, hourly position paying $15-$17 BOE, with full benefits, including:
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and residential summer camp, serving more than 50,000 for SMR annually. The Assistant Equipment Operator/Grounds Seasonal Supervisor is primarily responsible for assisting in operating equipment and vehicles in a safe and appropriate manner and during the summer months, managing the seasonal grounds crew. This includes snow plowing, vehicle and equipment repair, and building maintenance.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Minimum of two years’ experience operating and repairing heavy equipment.
* Ability to safely operate all hand and power tools common to equipment repair and proper use of all personal protective equipment needed to safely do assigned work.
* Plow snow regularly during the winter months. Will include weekends, early mornings, late evenings, and holidays.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain equipment and vehicles.
* Able to work independently and be self-directed.
* Perform and record daily safety and maintenance checks.
* Maintain and service all equipment following manufactures recommendations.
* Experience with operation and routine maintenance of heavy and light equipment, including but not limited to: backhoe/front end loader, motor grader, skid-steer loader, trencher, track hoe, dump truck, snow plowing equipment, tractors, mowers, and chainsaws.
* Able to spend long hours working on and operating equipment.
* Ability to independently work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces and attics.