- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
- Job Categories Cook
- Qualifications GED
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Job Start Month February 2020
- Job Available Until Month Year round
- Job BenefitsCOMPENSATION: This is a full-time, year-round position paying $15.75 - $16.25/hr BOE with full benefits, including:
Position Summary: Responsible for the AM or PM shift management of all kitchen & back of the house food service operations at Snow Mountain Ranch; including food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, as well as overseeing catering events/banquets, and guest satisfaction. The Cook III is also responsible for compliance with federal, state and county health regulations.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Culinary degree preferred, plus two years’ cook experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in volume food preparation, institutional food service, buffet presentation and carryout/grab and go service.
- ServSafe Certification.
- Strong leadership qualities and minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Proven record of sound managerial and organizational skills to plan and serve up to 1,000 meals per day during peak seasons.
- Effectively coordinate with the Executive Chef and Assn Food Service Director to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
- Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained and morale is at a high level. Monitor scheduling, time keeping and training for Food Service personnel.
- Order food, supplies and equipment necessary for the food service operation in coordination with the Association Food Service Director.
- Plan delicious and nutritious meals and deliveries to ensure the best utilization of the facilities and staff to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal, State and Local Health Codes and overall quality assurance in the kitchens.
- Direct all aspects of food production, storage, preparation, portion control, inventory and record keeping while ensuring culinary excellence at all times.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards