- Winter & Summer 2020 employment or Year-Round--YOU CHOOSE!
- Affordable furnished housing
- Benefits package available if FT, Year-Round employment status
- Employer-sponsored monthly events such as Avalanche, Rockies & Nuggets games, Zip-lining, Snow-tubing, Hiking, Bowling, Recreation Center, etc.
- Employer-sponsored Softball and Hockey leagues
- Wellness Program opportunities including meditation, complimentary daily Yoga, trail running & mountain-biking workshops
- 25% discounts at all Devil's Thumb Ranch restaurants, activities including Trail Rides, and Spa Treatments
- Winter Park Ski Resort Season Pass Discount (available November-December 2020)
- Overtime for hours worked over 40/week
- Referral bonus of $250 if we hire someone you refer
Job Categories F&B Crew Members
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month Year round
Job Available Until Month Year round
Job BenefitsPerks/Privileges of Employment:
“The mountains are calling and I must go…” for more than just a weekend! Join a growing, fast-paced team of hardworking, passionate, and adventurous individuals who strive to improve themselves and the Ranch every day. From multiple food & beverage outlets, to the stables, to the Spa, Devil’s Thumb Ranch offers many “spokes” of opportunity to keep the wagon wheel turnin’.
Our mission at Devil’s Thumb Ranch is to offer guests and employees the true, premier Colorado experience. Working here means surrounding yourself with the great outdoors and the rugged individualism the West has always been known for. Living in Grand County offers opportunities to visit Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Lake, Lake Granby and Winter Park Ski Resort. From epic mountain biking to the growing music scene, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to strengthen your skills across a variety of departments in an incredible setting.
By joining the team, you’ll benefit from some of the same special experiences that make the Ranch an unsurpassed guest retreat: access to hiking and Nordic ski trails, discounts at all restaurant outlets, and fun, free employee events. Other great perks that come with the gig include: discounts on lodging, activities, retail and spa treatments, along with transitional affordable housing, free shuttle service, and a free meal during each shift.
Devil’s Thumb Ranch is the choice Colorado employer that you have been searching for. Join us!
Principal Purpose of Job: The host/hostess is responsible for controlling reservations, taking phone calls for Heck’s at Devil’s Thumb Ranch and seating guests. The host/hostess is the initial contact with the guests and the first person to start guests off with a positive experience. In addition, as a Devil’s Thumb Ranch host/hostess, you will be assuming the role of tour guide, communicator, decision-maker, entertainer, curator and rancher (at heart).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering the phone and controlling the reservations for the Heck’s Restaurant for optimal seating and service to the guest
- Opening doors, where applicable
- Welcoming and thanking guests
- Stocking firewood and maintaining a fire
- Answering questions – accurately and politely
- Maintaining a clean and organized waiting area
- Directing guests to areas & restrooms
- Providing security for co-workers and guests
- Assisting servers, back servers and managers with filling water, serving food and being a team player
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – cleaning glass, wiping tables, sweeping & vacuuming the floor, wiping and updating menus, etc
- Assuring the complete satisfaction of each and every guest
- Entertaining guests to create memorable experiences
- Supporting and contributing to the mission and overall success of the resort by accomplishing performance objectives focused on food and beverage.
- The host/hostess will be “Tour Guides” for the clients and know and be able to support Ranch-Wide knowledge to the clients.
- Performing duties which require bending & reaching
- Standing, for up to 8+ hours
- Maintaining a well-groomed appearance
- Following all uniform guidelines
- Practicing all safety & sanitation standards
- Recycling products, when possible
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency
- Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests and co-workers
- Maintaining the Ranch core values and mission statement
Personal Attributes: Hard working, courteous
Physical Demands: General cleaning, set up, walking a lot
Special Skills/Equipment: Uniform/Name Tag at all times
This position is an all inclusive “Food & Beverage Staff” position. The host/hostess may also be cross-trained in the back server, server and bartender positions. These positions may become rotated responsibilities and used as volume and/or staffing needs dictate.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.