- Job Categories Maintenance Crew
- Qualifications Certificate
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Job Start Month Year round
- Job Available Until Month September 2019
The ‘Technician Utilities II’ performs work as assigned by the Utilities Supervisor
.This employee will perform entry level work, and may need supervision and/or instruction on some of their various duties. This position requires learning principles and introduction to more advanced techniques. This employee is expected to use area tools, equipment, and vehicles in a responsible an
d appropriate manner. The ‘Technician Utilities II’ also operates, inspects, and maintains (in a
safe and serviceable condition) building mechanical, water, sewer, heat, a
nd gas systems. The ‘Technician Utilities II’ will also follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment and follow established safety policies and procedures for the Utilities Department
- Complete projects as assigned
- Clean up after projects and consistently clean the utilities shop
- Maintain equipment and tools (as assigned)
- Complete work orders to completion and in a timely manner
- Gauge fuel tanks
- Become familiar with the location and operation of the following equipment and systems:
- heat systems, boilers, circulators, assorted unit heaters, furnaces, and related equipment
- water systems, location of wells, storage tanks, and main valves
- sewer collection systems, grease and sand traps, and related components
- fire protection systems and main valves
- compressed air systems
- building exhaust and ventilation equipment
- Clean, drain, and sewer lines (as assigned)
- May use potentially hazardous chemical cleaners and solvents
- Perform maintenance and repairs on most systems and equipment in the Utilities group including:
- heat systems, boilers and furnaces, controls and safety devices, and related equipment
- water systems, controls, pumps and valves, regulators, and back flow preventors
- sewer systems, lift stations, and related components
- gas systems (natural and propane)
- building exhaust and ventilating equipment
- fire protection systems
- selected cafeteria equipment
- refrigeration/AC equipment (if within his specialty)
- compressed air equipment
- Report any unsafe job conditions to appropriate personnel
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude while dealing with guests and other employees
- Perform other duties as directed
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED – required
- Three (3) years general utility plant maintenance or related field; or have trade school certification – required
- Must have some training or experience in the following:
- heat systems operation or maintenance
- plumbing or pipe fitting trades
- building maintenance
- related construction experience
Qualifications and Skills:
- Basic experience with hand and power tools, grinders, etc.
- Knowledge of heavy power equipment, including: pipe threaders, drill presses, and sewer auger equipment
- Ability to operate voltage testers, multi meters, amp meters, and electric/acetylene soldering equipment
- Ability to operate snowmobiles, trucks, and other vehicles
- Materials used will include: potentially hazardous chemical drain cleaners, solvents, acids, lubricants, spray paints, chlorine as gas and HTH powder, glues and adhesives, glycol antifreeze, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.