Job Function Other
Education Level Bachelor Degree
Schedule Preference FixedWeekdayDay
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month November 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
JOIN US IN THE MOUNTAINS!
At Granby Ranch, you will have a small mountain experience where families, friends and team members connect, live, play, and enjoy the natural environment of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Perks of joining our team include affordable employee housing, a season pass for Granby Ranch, free passes to more than 15 Colorado ski areas, in-house discounts in our rental, retail and restaurant outlets, and so much more!
The Accountant is responsible for all cash receipts and deposit management, along with the daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliation credit card sales. This position is also responsible for vendor maintenance including collecting and tracking of COI and WC coverage, assists with purchasing for resort operations and capital project tracking.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for cash management for resort operations to include:
- Daily recording of cash activity
- Maintenance of petty cash and point of sale cash banks
- Daily recording of credit card deposits and reconciliation against point of sale to ensure all charges clear
- Maintenance of employee deposits received and returned
- Credit card chargebacks
- Verification of wedding deposits received and utilized, reconciliations for events billings
- Review and report on point-of-sale discounts and comps
- Cash activity posting and bank reconciliations
- General understanding of the Point of Sale system as it relates to the GL
Responsible for Purchasing Management to include:
- Project cost tracking for capital project spends
- Implement purchase order systems to ensure approval/quotes prior to spend
- Manages procurement programs
- A/P vendor maintenance (new vendor set up, collection of COI, WC insurance, W9, etc.)
- Procurement standardization and cost reduction
- Credit applications
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain positive, productive, professional relationships with managers and staff
- Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate to advanced excel (pivots, vlookups, intermediate formulas); Comfortable using excel as an analysis and reconciliation tool.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new accounting software. Quickbooks software experience not required, but experience in more than one system is a plus.
- Ability to follow prior reconciliations/workpapers and carry the logic forward with little direction. Experience in public accounting or with more than one company is a plus.
- Occasional trouble-shooting for the very capable AP/AR associate.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speak, read, write in English fluently.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Education: Four-year degree required
- Experience: Minimum five years relevant experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Dexterity for utilizing keyboard
- Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
- Working remotely possible, must be within 2 hours of Granby CO for periodic on-site meetings, training, and periodic on-site work days.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO SHARE OUR VALUES:
- Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
- Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant state of innovation, evolution and adaptation, thoughtfully balanced with a sense of focus and attention to detail.
- Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
- Professionalism & Relatability. We believe that a culture of respect, shared passion, and a sense of community is imperative to success.