Job Function Other
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month May 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
To mentor and coach participants in Competition Center programs in an enthusiastic and effective manner that helps the participants set and achieve goals in advanced skiing technique and competition and to inspire life-long enjoyment in sport.
- Plan and supervise daily training for competitors as scheduled by the Head/Lead Coach.
- Set and maintain courses and closures following course specifications of the US Ski & Snowboard and FIS in events.
- Have high standards for safety in all training environments.
- Assure that all facilities and equipment are properly maintained and stored.
- Shoot video and conduct video analysis sessions with participants on a frequent basis.
- Conduct athlete goal setting meetings at start of year and review throughout season.
- Travel to pre-determined events with participants and be responsible for on-hill coaching duties.
- Provide positive feedback on a daily basis to participants and submit written year-end evaluations on each participant.
- Communicate needs to effectively do job on a daily basis to Head/Lead coach.
- Participate in coaches meetings, briefings, and other professional functions as directed by the Head/Lead coach and Program Manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or GED is required.
- Advanced level skiing skills and knowledge as indicated by demonstration to Head/Lead coach. Equivalent to skills required for Level 1 education in US Ski & Snowboard Coaches Education program.
- Must have a minimum of one season in an organized US Ski & Snowboard, collegiate, or high school program; or have competition experience at the US Ski & Snowboard and/or FIS level or have at least one year of experience as an instructor in an organized ski school and complete the US Ski & Snowboard Level 1 coach clinic program during the first year of employment.
- Experience in ski tuning, boot modification, and related equipment experience desirable.
- Must have an understanding of current US Ski & Snowboard and FIS rules
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour