Job Function IT & Computer
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month May 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The Technical Business Analyst requires knowledge of information technology and Winter Park Resort’s business with the ability to combine the two in order to deliver process and technology improvements. It is critical that the Technical Business Analyst demonstrates a thorough understanding of the functional lines of business, and an ability to identify and quantify business/system process improvements through the use of technology. The role will provide overall system support and knowledge with a high level of expertise in specific systems and processes. The Technical Business Analyst must have the skills and desire to improve and automate tasks currently done either manually or through inefficient automated systems. The Technical Business Analyst will lead IT projects including implementations, system and process improvements, and system enhancements designed to meet business needs. In addition, they will act as a liaison between the lines of business and the IT department. The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for working with our Alterra partners and other entities to ensure ongoing Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance of cardholder data and financial systems. They will also follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
REVIEW AND CONTROL:
The Technical Business Analyst helps design and review automation strategies and the implementation of such strategies. Monitors operations to ensure that these strategies and implementation plans contribute to the efficiency and speed of resort operations. Monitors the systems after implementation to ensure that they continue meeting user’s needs. Serves on Change Control Board and is responsible for identifying potential impact of changes to lines of business.
The Technical Business Analyst, in conjunction with the IT Director, is responsible for developing goals and objectives which contribute to the success of Winter Park Resort and Alterra Mountain Company’s overall objectives.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
The Technical Business Analyst makes recommendations regarding automation strategies, manages the implementation of systems and processes, and supports these systems and processes once they are in place. Success is measured by overall reduction in cost, how well the system works for the user, and how much the system improves the user’s ability to provide speedy and efficient service to the guest.
Specific duties to achieve these success factors include:
- Maintain a working knowledge of business unit processes, procedures and current applications.
- Manage resort application software, including functional requirements, implementation, technical support, and application support.
- Interact with users and vendors as needed to resolve problems.
- Mentor Business Analyst, and Junior Business Analysts.
- Provide analysis and application support for ticket POS, pass POS, ski school/daycare/activities POS, rental systems, retail POS, food & beverage POS, lodging systems, incident reporting system, parking POS, Group Sales systems, eCommerce systems and all ancillary systems.
- Support internally developed applications as necessary.
- Work with vendors supporting resort guest-service systems including RTP|One (ticket, pass, F&B, rental, retail, and ski school POS), PAR Springer Miller Systems (Lodging POS/Management), Credit Processing Gateways (TSys, Shift4, FreedomPay and others), Amadeus (Delphi, HotSOS), Inntopia (CRS) and other vendors as necessary.
- Establish and maintain proactive communication with line of business supervisors, front line staff, sales and marketing, revenue accounting, central reservations and Intrawest IT.
- Attend weekly lift ticket and lodging revenue management meetings to provide input on product development and act as subject matter expert on IT system capabilities and functionality.
- Recommend ideas to increase top line revenue through product development, yield and price increases.
- Collaborate with the Alterra Mountain Company IT Security & Compliance team on PCI and SOX compliance.
- Collaborate with other Alterra resorts to share best practices, new initiatives, configuration and lessons learned and assist with bug resolution.
- Work with centralized teams to identify, report and prioritize bugs in various business systems.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Inntopia CRS to provide support to the Central Reservations team and assistance with QA testing of new functionality, bug reporting and enhancement requests.
- Lead software upgrade initiatives for various business systems, including coordination of user acceptance testing and post-implementation testing.
- Provide project leadership for systems and processes, both during the implementation and throughout the system or process lifecycle. This includes the following:
- Develop detailed requirements including cost-benefit analysis for projects and enhancements to existing systems.
- Interface with Business Stakeholders and IT Infrastructure teams to work through the start-up phase of projects including ensuring business requirements and business acceptance documents are accurately developed and managed.
- Manage problem reporting.
- Research, document and manage system enhancements, and communicate with the vendor to ensure enhancement requests are managed effectively.
- Perform or coordinate systems updates, and provide training or documentation related to such updates as necessary.
- Implement and support application interfaces.
- Ensure technical and user documentation is developed and updated.
- Product Setup and Administration:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the resorts primary point-of-sale systems (RTP, SMS, Inntopia) and business critical ancillary systems (e.g. Flaik, EZwaiver, and Affirm).
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the resort’s seasonal business to anticipate and plan for upcoming product development in advance of sales initiatives and seasonal start-up.
- Development of product setup Standard Operating Procedures and QA testing to ensure successful, efficient product setup.
- Build and effectively QA all RTP product sets for Winter Park Resort as well as multi-mountain season pass products.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of RTP interface systems to ensure correct revenue flow through all systems.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing, Revenue Management, Finance & Accounting, and every guest facing line of business on seasonal product and package development.
- Maintain accurate and current rate information as well as any pertinent information related to products.
- Coordinate with Revenue Accounting to ensure accurate and timely revenue flow throughout the winter, summer and pass sales seasons.
- Ensure accurate reporting on the Sales Report.
- Accessible to managers, supervisors and front-line staff for product setup issues as well as product troubleshooting.
- Provide escalation support for Business Analyst, and Junior Business Analysts.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED
- The Technical Business Analyst will have Formal Education equivalent to four years of college education, technical school or other specialized training with emphasis in one or all of the following: Computer Science, Business Administration, Accounting, or Service Industry point of sale management (ticketing, passes, ski school, or activities POS).
- The Technical Business Analyst will have 2-3 years experience with ski resort ticket/pass systems and lodging POS/Management systems, 3-5 years experience with data extraction tools (e.g., SQL Reporting Services), 4+ years experience with the Microsoft Office products, general understanding of database design and administration, and a minimum 2 years experience with Windows Server Operating systems.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record required.
- The Technical Business Analyst must be able to effectively convey ideas through oral and written communication in English.
- The Technical Business Analyst must have the ability to create, read, and interpret technical and financial documents.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience with business requirements and gap analysis documentation.
- Experience with PCI and SOX compliance preferred.
- This position makes decisions that are of substantial importance to the employer’s operation. Discretion and independent judgment require this position to choose a course of action from among a number of possible alternatives. In many cases, the choices are not established guidelines or standards. Decisions may have a substantial impact on the general business operations.
- This position may be required to travel from time to time for meetings, seminars, and cross-resort collaboration.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 50 pounds on an occasional basis, with assistance.
- Must be able to carry computers and associated peripherals to all resort locations that require support whenever required.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Due to recurring support demands during peak operating hours, must be able to ski and/or walk to all resort locations requiring support.
- Must be able to function in a stressful environment that can be caused by supervising critical systems that are required to be 99.999% ‘up’.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The salary pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts’ salary pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts’ total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Salary Range: $68K – $74K