Job Function Dishwasher
Education Level Not Specified
Schedule Preference FlexibleWeekdayDayNight
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month May 2022
Job Available Until Month October 2022
The Kitchen Steward / Prep Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking recipes and providing a clean and sanitized food and beverage operation for all Granby Ranch establishments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain an organized, clean, efficient work space and maintain sanitization throughout the day in accordance with COVID-19 regulations and company policy.
• Maintain professional and accurate preparation and presentation of all food inventories.
• Ensure inventory is secure, appropriately stocked, and handled property.
• Observe proper cleaning procedures and maintain an impeccably clean and orderly kitchen.
• Maintain quality and portion control of all menu items.
• Comply with all Colorado State Health Codes and all safety requirements.
• Clean pots, pans, silverware, plates and other kitchen equipment in a timely manner, daily.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
• Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
• Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
• Monitor chemicals and water temperatures on the dish machine regularly.
• Maintain cleanliness of garbage and recycling receptacles as needed.
• Break down and remove all boxes and other recyclable items and transport to appropriate location for disposal.
• Maintain linen bags
• Assist with prep cooking as directed by kitchen supervisor or chef
• Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly ski area by constantly picking up and disposing of debris and trash around resort.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of food recipes including portion controls.
• Some knife skills, and knowledge of basic cuts
• Knowledge of basic culinary techniques including stocks and soups, meat and seafood processing, baking and desserts, vinaigrettes and emulsions
• Knowledge of all proper food handling procedures, including proper labeling, rotation and storage of all food, sanitation, heating and cooling of sauces, soups and stocks
• Knowledge of food & beverage equipment and daily cleaning procedures.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
• Exceptional customer service and communications skills and maintains a friendly, professional and helpful attitude to all guests and fellow employees.
• Ability to work well under high volume situations.
• Dependable and able to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Ability to solve problems and conflict in a friendly, professional and helpful manner.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Maintain accurate accounting and stocking of food inventories.
• Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly resort area by constantly picking up and disposing of debris and trash.
• Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Speak, read, write in English fluently.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Must be 16 years of age
• Minimum 2 years kitchen experience preferred.
• Familiarity with kitchen and food and beverage equipment
• Familiarity with Colorado State and Health Codes and Liquor Laws.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Indoor work primarily with outdoor cleaning/steward functions for patio.
• Outdoor work is in a mountain environment with variable weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Dexterity for utilizing kitchen equipment.
• Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
• Skiing, Walking, Kneeling, Squatting, Climbing (ladders), Reaching, Grabbing, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Sitting, Standing.
• Weekend and holiday work required.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures within kitchen environment.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
We look for people who share our ethos:
• Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds; importantly, that success is the team’s success. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
• Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant mode of innovating, creating, and executing, all of which is thoughtfully balanced with a foundational sense of focus and attention to detail.
• Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members, without question. We are snowmakers who quietly go about our duties at midnight; human resources professionals who navigate the challenges of business in mountain communities; the back-of-house staff passionately dedicated to our craft. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
• Professionalism & Relatability. We sit in boardrooms. We turn wrenches. We flip burgers. We believe an egalitarian culture, respect, shared passion, and a sense of community among mountain people is imperative to success.
Granby Ranch provides an opportunity to work and play in the Colorado Rocky Mountains without the hassle of huge crowds, endless lines and corporate resorts. Granby Ranch is one of the few small ski areas left in Colorado where you can experience skiing, golf, hiking, and mountain biking the way it used to be! Granby Ranch offers excellent beginner and intermediate skiing terrain in an easy to navigate setting. Just an hour and half from Denver and 20 minutes from Winter Park and Grand Lake (gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park), avoid getting lost in the crowd and join our goal oriented, close-knit team. At Granby Ranch you will have a small mountain town experience that feels like family. Team members will enjoy a work environment in which we are focused on delivering excellent service to our guests and members with western hospitality – in an easy manner with a smile!
-Competitive Pay and Affordable Housing
-Free, unlimited skiing at 15 Colorado ski areas and free ski/snowboard lessons
-Over 40 miles of trails for Snow Shoeing, Cross Country Skiing and Hiking
Housing is available on a limited basis for $500-$900/month (depending on the season, location, private or shared room, and unit type). Rent is not included as part of the compensation package and is taken directly out of paychecks. A $325 security deposit and $75 non-refundable administration fee is required upon arrival, with a lease for the term of employment.
Having a car is recommended but not required; limited transportation is provided from all housing locations to Granby Ranch.