Job Function Bartenders
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month December 2021
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The primary responsibility of the Bartender is to provide the guest with courteous and professional service. This responsibility requires accurate liquor pouring and portioning, efficient operation of the cash register system, and the ability to promote responsible drinking. The Bartender will follow all applicable rules and regulations of the National Food Service Industry, health, and liquor codes. The Bartender will also follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Continually strive to exceed guest’s expectations
- Help create memories for our guests and staff as ‘the best mountain resort experience again and again’
- Standard Operating Procedures will be followed at all times
- Must have the ability to take ownership of the position
- Must always be polite and respectful of our guests and employees
- Always acknowledge every guest immediately upon sight
- Observe the four 4 foot rule at all times
- Must be available to our guests and employees at all times
- You will portray the impression that you are happy and that we are happy to have customers here
- Promote a fun, safe, and sanitary work environment
- Coordinate the efficient flow of business through the dining room and the bar
- Act as a liaison between the bartender(s), guest(s), and management
- Support members through teamwork and mutual respect
- Keep the bar area clean (keep the surrounding tables bussed as well)
- Be sure our guests have what they need (menu, water, etc.)
- Clean-up as needed
- Answer inquiries from guests
- Make the guest feel welcome
- Engage in small talk
- Smile always
- Clock in for shift once appearance requirements are met (and in uniform)
- Bar position is empowered to ‘serve it up/fix it up’
- Attend daily staff meeting
- Check with Manger/Supervisor for any special events
- Be sure the restaurant is ready to open before seating guests
- Be sure bar stations are well equipped and clean (to opening side work)
- Maintain work area (keep it clean and organized)
- Perform table and bar maintenance
- Assist in general cleaning of the building
- Check restrooms throughout the day and keep them maintained and stocked
- Be sure the restaurant is sufficiently stocked with condiments
- Review the shift with Unit Manager or Unit Supervisor
- Greet and serving guests in a prompt and courteous manner
- Give drink and menu descriptions and using suggestive selling techniques to further sales and enhance guest enjoyment
- Perform proper cash handling and cash reconciliation
- Tip reporting (as outlined by state and federal law)
- Proper food and beverage service (specific to style of restaurant)
- Tip out (as designated by management/ specific to restaurant)
- Proper sequence of service (specific to individual restaurant)
- Stock and help with laundry (be sure plenty of napkins and place mats are available for use)
- Consistently check for guest satisfaction
- Inform management of any potential problems with guests or employees
- Assist management in maintaining high employee morale
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude
- Answer incoming phone calls in a timely, professional, and courteous manner
- Report and fix any unsafe or unsanitary working conditions
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Current TIPS certification
- Minimum 2 years front of house (FOH) bar service experience preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- 21 years of age or older preferred
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay rage: $9.30 per hour + tips