Requires 21st Century Skills? Yes
Job Function Bike Shop Mechanic
Education Level Not Specified
Job Schedule FlexibleDay
Experience Level Mid Level
Work Location On-Site
Job Qualifies for Earn & Learn Program No
Job Start Month May 2023
Job Available Until Month September 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for downhill, cross-country, and E-bike fleet maintenance and repair as well as assisting guests through rental process including completion of paperwork, proper fitting of rental equipment. Perform tune ups and repairs purchased by guests and provide excellent guest service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain bike rental fleet keeping bikes in good working condition.
- Provide quality, professional repairs and service to guests’ bikes and equipment.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed, organized, and stored appropriately.
- Complete all aspects of assisting guests with bike rentals, including paperwork, adjusting, and fitting rental equipment, and answering guest questions.
- Clean, organize and maintain all equipment, counter tops, and facilities in shop daily.
- Daily reporting of inventory for rental fleet repairs.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events, and operations on high volume days.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speak, read, write in English fluently.
- Working knowledge of bike maintenance and experience working on downhill, cross country and e-bikes.
- Must be able to maintain a calm demeanor during high volume periods.
- Ability to interact courteously and honestly with guests and fellow employee.
- General knowledge of heavy equipment operation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on downhill and cross country bikes.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift up to 60lbs.
- Stand, walk for duration of 8+ hour shift.
- Reaching, Bending, Sitting, Standing, Carrying, Lifting.
- Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
- Must be available to work Thursday – Sunday.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.