Job Function Retail Clerk
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Flexible
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month January 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
Flex Year Round
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The Retail Supervisor’s main responsibility is to coordinate the daily functions of the retail store assigned to him or her as directed by the Retail Manager for that store. The Retail Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the employees assigned to his/her location, insuring an excellent, quality, and safe resort and mountain experience for our guests through the retail staff. He/she is part of the team that is responsible for the overall profitability of the entire store. He/she consistently follows policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook and in Retail Rental training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Able to meet daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals.
- Performs goal setting and promotes up selling, add-on sales, and sell-through.
- Handles guests problems and complaints professionally and resolves them in such a way to ensure our guests receive an excellent, quality filled resort and mountain experience.
- Oversees the daily cash register operations and insures accurate end of the day procedures and accounting of revenue.
- Is a key holder for their specific location and is responsible for opening and closing when scheduled.
- Is responsible for maintaining store standards of cleanliness and staff behavior.
- Is responsible for maintaining neat and effective displays that promote sell-through.
- Is responsible for presenting the store merchandise in a pleasing, polite manner, to the guest and assists in satisfying their product needs, wants and desires in order to insure an excellent, quality, and safe resort and mountain experience.
- Assists the Retail Manager/Supervisor in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring department staff.
- Attends product knowledge clinics during the normal store operating hours and after closing hours as needed.
- Assists the Retail Manager in communicating with the Warehouse Supervisor and Buyer’s to insure the store is adequately stocked and supplied with sell-through merchandise.
- Enforces department policy on controlling internal and external shrinkage.
- Operates, with efficiency, the computer point of sale system, (cash register).
- Has excellent cash handling and credit card handling skills.
- Is a team player and understands and exhibits cooperation.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Acts as the MOD in the absence of the Retail Manager to include managing staff in their location(s).
- Assists the Retail Manager in the hiring process.
- Assists the Retail Manager in creating the store schedule.
- Implements and encourages the retail employee incentive programs.
- Assists the Retail Manager in administering employee performance reviews and other duties as deemed necessary by the Retail Manager.
- Assists their Manager in effective and consistent discipline up to and including suspension if necessary. Understands, and completes required documentation as needed.
- Promotes and enforces with the retail staff the policies and procedures, as set forth in the Employee Handbook and Retail Rental training.
- Assists the Retail Manager in coaching and training the Retail Staff on a daily basis. This includes assisting with formal vendor product clinics, the beginning of season resort training and Retail Rental department orientations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record desired.
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, holidays and respond to emergency schedule changes, as business requires.
- Must able to speak and write English as a primary language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in dealing with guests, supervisors, fellow employees, managers, and other departments.
- Must possess a friendly, outgoing personality being able to approach guests with a positive attitude, a smile, and help them in their in-store needs, wants, and desires.
- Retail merchandising experience desired, but not necessary.
- Guest Service experience, in some way, is desired, but not necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED required
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $17.50 per hour