Job Function Social Worker
Education Level Bachelor Degree
Schedule Preference Weekday
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month April 2022
$0.32 per hour additional Cost of Living Allowance.
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO Accrual, and 403b Benefits available.
Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in human services or related field. Bachelor’s degree in a non-related field may perform the functions of this position only if they have one year experience in a healthcare field. Previous experience with substance abuse and mental health-related case management and treatment preferred. Minimum of two (2) years human service related experience preferred. Current valid Colorado Driver’s License required. Certified Addiction Counselor II or III is strongly preferred.
Utilizes a variety of treatment approaches to work with a diverse population. Provides therapeutic and case management services, specifically discharge planning and aftercare of patient hospitalization. Patient population could include children, adults, individuals, couples, and groups.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability (include materials and equipment directly used):
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet access.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including calculator, copy machine, fax and multi-line telephone.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a sometimes hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of mental illness, substance abuse, and psychopathology and associated treatment modalities
- Working knowledge of Colorado Revised Statutes 27-10 (Mental Health Code)
- Working knowledge of HIPPA and 42 CFR.
- Knowledge of community health and mental health resources and their eligibility criteria
- Ability to work in a cooperative and collaborative manner within a clinical treatment team setting.
- Ability to follow and implement direction as provided by the Clinical Team and/or any Supervisor who may be designated by the Clinical Supervisor or Program Coordinator.
- A working knowledge of individual, group, family, and crisis treatment approaches and their application to patients with emotional and behavioral problems.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands: Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Must have ability to sit for longer periods of time at a computer. Employee must be able to travel between Mind Springs Health sites. May be exposed to stressful situations that involve enraged, distraught and/or intoxicated individuals with possible mental disorders. Possible potential for exposure to communicable disease. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.