Job Function Cashiers
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month September 2021
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The Cashier must accurately charge guests for items being purchased and ring-up these items on the appropriate register. The Cashier ensures an accurate accounting of sales and menu items. This position also requires that the Cashier has working knowledge of unit functions (for example: front of the house set up, front of the house monitoring, and basic food preparation). Understanding these unit functions will help The Cashier to effectively assist in all aspects of unit work. This employee must be knowledgeable about Colorado Liquor Code and they are also responsible for the clerical functions of the unit. The Cashier will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Transact sales on a POS system in an efficient and friendly manner
- Accuracy is a must ( all drawers shall be within .5% or $10… whichever is greater)
- The highest integrity is expected
- All thefts will be reported to a manager immediately
- Every attempt to please the guest will be made
- Coordinate the efficient flow of people from the scramble area to the seating area
- Every guest will be greeted, made small talk with, thanked for coming, and invited back
- Support members through teamwork and mutual respect
- Keep drink stations clean, cups stocked, and ice filled
- Keep busy!
- Cashier shall be available to our guests and employees at all times
- Cashier position is empowered to ‘serve it up, fix it up’, with a monetary limit to be decided upon by the manager of the unit
- Transact sales with a transaction time (TBD by unit manager)
- Verify cash drawer and reserve each and every shift before opening
- Keep cash handling area stocked with necessary documents and properly cleaned
- Know policies regarding accepted payments
- Act as a liaison between guests and management
- Answer inquiries from guests
- Make the guest feel welcome
- Engage in small talk and always smile
- Answer incoming phone calls in a timely, professional, and courteous manner
- Clock in for your shift once appearance requirements are met and you are in uniform
- Check with Manger for any special events
- Maintain work area (keep it clean and organized)
- Assist in the general cleaning of the building
- Check restrooms throughout the day and keep them maintained and stocked
- Do the 4 foot rule, there is always something to do
- Get debris off the floor
- Keep walls clean
- Keep heat registers clean
- If there is something on the wall, clean it off
- Tables and chairs will always be neatly arranged, according to seating charts
- Acknowledge every guest
- If a guest needs help, help them
- Have a sanitizer bucket ready with a clean rag in the solution so you are prepared
- Remove trays and take to the dish room
- Empty trash and replace liners as needed (replace when ¾ full)
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- TIPS certification desirable
- One year FOH experience desirable
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality desired
- Working knowledge of local liquor and health codes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay: $15.00 per hour