Job Category Cooks (1, 2, Line)
Minimum Qualification Not Specify
Schedule Preference Flexible
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month February 2021
Job Available Until Month April 2021
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Brand new Alterra Mountain Company office located in Denver’s RiNo Art District neighborhood
This is your opportunity to show your creativity and improve your culinary skills while working in an exciting mountain environment. Essential responsibilities include ability to work all food stations including grill, flat top, fryer, prep, pantry, sauté and expo while in a fast paced, high volume environment. Experience with large banquets and pastries a plus. Must be able to follow and understand recipes and standards, demonstrate teamwork with all staff and continually strive to exceed guests’ expectations. Ability to multi-task is a must.
- Adhering to all policies and procedures
- Being a part of a team environment
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary and safe working environment
- Speaking with guests to provide a friendly and welcoming environment
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for portion control and prep levels based on anticipated business
- Responsible for minimizing food waste and recording all food waste
- Take ownership for food quality served to our guests
- Takes direction from Chef, Sous Chef Outlet Managers, Kitchen Foreman
- Must perform detailed line checks before each shift
- Reads, understands, and follows recipes cards and food quality standards
- Assist in creation, usage and follow trough of prep, cleaning and closing lists
- Understands and follows all Health Department rules and regulations
- Responsible for food temperature checks on the line and documentations
- Has a helpful attitude towards all kitchen and front of house staff
- Must have the ability to take ownership of the position
- Must take a provided food safety 101 course and pass
- Must be dedicated to achieve consistent ticket time goals
- Responsible for proper food handling, rotation of product, sanitation of all kitchens and equipment. Labeling and dating.
- Assists in maintaining all storage areas,
- Must pass an equipment safety checklist
- Must watch and pass a knife safety and slip and fall video/quiz
- Required to attend a MSDS and Risk Safety training
- Will attend either a QSR (Quick Serve Restaurant) or FSR (Full Serve Restaurant) training
- Will attend a resort orientation and complete a unit orientation checklist
- Appearance standards will be met at all times
- Core Values will be demonstrated at all times – Team Play, Guest Loyalty, Playing Safely, Employee Experience, Striving to be the Best, Financial Strength and Integrity
- Employee will follow our mission statement – “Creating the best memories… again and again”
- Standard Operating Procedures will be followed at all times
- Assists in keeping recipe cards up to date
- Must be able to work in a high volume, potentially stressful work environment
- Observe 4 foot rule at all times
- Have ability to develop basic culinary skills
- Must always be polite and respectful to all guests and employees
- Maintain work area, keep it clean and organized
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 18 years of age or older
- High School degree or GED preferred
One year kitchen experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
FOOD SERVICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $12.50 – $18.00 per hour
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.