Job Function Other
Education Level Bachelor Degree
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month May 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for managing all Corporate Accounts. The primary focus of this position is on driving business which meets the established Meeting Space, ADR and RPV targets for the assigned segments. This position is also responsible for selling conference space, food & beverage options, lift, rental, ski school products and other ancillary winter and summer products affiliated with corporate business. Primary responsibilities include helping create and maintain all corporate programs, collateral, and correspondence as well as interfacing with reservations, call centers, group ticketing and other internal departments to support corporate business.
The Corporate Sales Manager will perform trainings, sales missions, familiarization, site and mountain tours, and industry trade shows to support the primary mission of driving meeting space, lodging and ancillary product sales.
Group specific responsibilities include soliciting, negotiating, and selling year-round corporate group business focusing on meeting space and overnight group business which meets the established ADR and RPV targets for the assigned segment and ancillary product targets.
The Corporate Sales Manager will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Assist and implement all Winter Park Resort/WPRL corporate strategies, plans and programs
- Ensure accurate portrayal of Winter Park Resort corporate products.
- Help communicate program terms and policies internally to affected departments, legal, lodging, front desk, homeowner relations, call center, Ski School, Rentals, F&B, guests services and group ticketing departments.
- Compile, proof, organize and distribute all corporate information including, contracts, pricing, imagery, content to accounts.
- Conducts product training to assigned regions.
- Organize details and help execute familiarization (FAM trips) and site tours.
- Manages sales efforts with assigned accounts, including negotiations, contracting, and marketing/promotional program development.
- Travel to markets as required for account sales calls and exhibiting at trade shows.
- Achieves meeting space, lodging and skier day quotas for assigned accounts.
- Attend weekly lodging and lift sales meetings as well as 1:1 meeting with the Director of Sales to evaluate sales performance.
- Assist with business planning within the Sales Department.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all Winter Park Resort and Winter Park Resort Lodging products and services.
- Proficient and accurate utilization of sales/catering account management system (Delphi) and SMS reservations systems, Microsoft office products.
- Supports the mission and values of Winter Park Resort.
- Keeps current with all Winter Park Resort products, pricing, and strategies.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
- Identify qualified prospects in market territory; initiate, develop, expand relationships in assigned territory/market segment. Convert prospective clientele into committed Winter Park customers through in-office visits, property tours, and proactive communication.
- Present, negotiate and successfully sell meeting space, lodging, food and beverage, and resort services products/programs to groups lodging in Winter Park Resort properties.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with internal departments and operations, including, but not limited to front desk, reservations, ski school, rentals, racing, food and beverage, conference services, and group services.
- Meet or exceed quarterly/yearly sales goals.
- Understand and support mission and values of Sales Business Unit, Winter Park and Alterra.
- Exhibit strong team play within group department, sales and marketing division and Winter Park Resort teams.
- Deliver a high level of guest service to each client and internal customer.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in hospitality industry
- Knowledge of airline, tourism, hospitality industry
- Possess current corporate business relationships
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to commute to our Winter Park Resort office as needed.
- Ability to work with multi-faceted projects.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional communication skills required to communicate clearly and professionally via phone, and e-mail.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Flexibility for extensive travel.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule.
- Intermediate or Advanced Skiing/Snowboarding skills preferred.
- Strong Computer expertise; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Delphi, SMS
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices, and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Annual salary: $45k + commission