Requires 21st Century Skills? Yes
Job Function Other
Education Level Associate Degree
Job Schedule FlexibleDayNight
Experience Level Senior Level
Work Location On-Site
Job Qualifies for Earn & Learn Program No
Job Start Month April 2023
Job Available Until Month Year round
The Events and Activities Manager is responsible for the development and execution of events and activities at Granby Ranch that drive revenue and create memorable experiences for guests and employees. Events and activities are large and small in scale including festivals, live music, themed daily activities, summer family experiences, and more. Granby Ranch is committed to teamwork; members of the management team help out in any aspect of resort operations as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and execution of family friendly events and activities with a focus on driving visits, generating revenue, and creating memorable experiences.
- Responsible for ensuring execution of vendor contracts, including certificate of insurance, proof of work comp coverage and completion of participant waivers for activities as necessary.
- Marketing and communication of events and activities including website(s), social media, newsletter, calendars, invitations, signage, etc.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with department leaders including close collaboration with F&B and Marketing departments.
- Create and maintain detailed, accurate, and timely Banquet Event Order/Event Outlines for each event and activity and communicate to department leaders.
- Collaborate with community entities and leaders to drive Granby Ranch involvement in community events.
- Build database of event-related vendors; develop and maintain professional working relationships with vendors.
- Develop, manage, and execute the annual events budget.
- Assists with execution of weddings including covering for sales manager when needed.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, take the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Maintain knowledge of local events and general industry trends and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively assist operations departments in set up and tear down tasks.
- Ability to coordinate and organize peers in management for a common goal.
- Ability to think conceptually across various customer communications channels and touch points.
- Ability to lead and manage external resources to deliver support required to drive the business.
- Demonstrate great communication skills and ability to give and take open and honest feedback.
- Proactive work ethic for meeting deadlines.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Flexible availability to meet a work schedule that will include evenings, weekends and holidays and work weeks exceeding 40 hours.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, professional and helpful attitude to all guests and fellow employees.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor in a demanding, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to solve problems and conflict in a friendly, professional and helpful manner.
- Familiarity with the ski resort industry preferred.
- Ski/snowboard at an intermediate level preferred.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- College degree or equivalent event experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of event development and execution.
- Valid driver’s license, MVR check within company standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor and outdoor work, outdoors is in a high alpine environment with variable, sometimes extreme weather conditions.
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Dexterity to use keyboard.
- Requires working on weekends and on holidays throughout the year and some evenings and nights.
- Hiking, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Bending, Carrying, Lifting, Reaching, Kneeling, possibly some skiing/snowboarding.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.