Job Function Mechanic
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Weekday
Experience Level Senior Level
Job Start Month September 2021
Job Available Until Month Year round
The Roofing Company, located in Granby, Colorado is looking for an experienced and dedicated Fleet Mechanic to join our team.
Fleet Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Schedule and administer fleet maintenance, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Maintain records of use, mileage, maintenance, repairs and service.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance are performed in a safe, efficient, and timely manner following company procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Oversee shop inventory to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained. Order parts and subcontract repair work as needed.
- Work closely with management to provide status of maintenance and budget requirements.
- Communicate availability of vehicles for service with management.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take action to improve as needed.
- Perform hands on work activities as required.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Fleet Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 5+ years of automotive employment experience or combination of education & experience.
- Solid aptitude in planning and scheduling maintenance repairs.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are required.
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- Good team-building skills.
- Ability to work assigned shift.