Job Function Front Desk
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month May 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
This individual plays a critical role in the Winter Park Resort Lodging Division’s Front Desk operation. The Agent is the face of the Lodging Division for guests and resort staff during the daytime hours. Key responsibilities include maintaining the Front Desk operation during open hours; responding to all guest service requests; performing check-in and check-outs; and performing QA on same day and next reservations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Responsible for maintaining the Front Desk operation which is the go-to location for lodging guests requiring assistance. Includes providing exemplary guest service skills during guest check-in/check-out; answering all incoming PBX calls; making new/altering reservations as required; responding to guest service requests as needed.
- Strives to know all the answers or knows where to find them.
- Uses the HotSOS work order system to log all owner/guest requests received and completed or to dispatch appropriate team members.
- Acts as a coordinator and communications liaison with owners, guest, resort security, resort senior management and emergency services depending on the situation. Follows all emergency procedures and initiates communication via calling tree as necessary.
- Responsible for following all established Front Desk procedures while continuously seeking new ways to improve the current process.
- Contacts and works with IT and SMS-Host support to rectify any issues preventing the Front Desk from operating correctly.
- Performs detailed QA on same-day arrivals and all next-day arrivals to identify and mitigate any potential guest or homeowner service issues and rectify any problems with outstanding balances, soft blocked rooms, out-of-order rooms and/or oversell situations etc. Performs a daily “bucket check” to ensure filing of all registration cards accurately matches any updates (e.g. room moves) being reported via the property management system.
- Develops a detailed knowledge of reservations policies, room locations, types and configurations, and cancellation policies.
- Communicate with housekeeping regarding special requests, early check-ins, and room moves.
- Assembles pre-registration packages (and any other special arrival packages) as directed including accurate encoding of room keys.
- Acts as a liaison between guests and other departments. Records all requests in HotSOS and ensures each request is handled in a timely manner.
- Reconciles petty cash/change box daily.
- Stays current with lodging, general resort and local area information to be able to provide accurate information and/or assistance in response to owner and guest requests.
- Answers incoming calls (internal and external) at the PBX switchboard in a courteous, professional and expeditious manner.
- Follows all established uniform and appearance policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess exemplary organizational skills.
- Demonstrable working knowledge Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) required.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Higher education desired.
- CPR/AED certification required (training will be provided).
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $15-$16.50