Job Function Customer Service
Education Level Not Specified
Schedule Preference Flexible
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month October 2021
Job Available Until Month December 2022
Uptripping in Winter Park, CO is seeking a Gallery Coordinator for the overall coordination of its brick-and-motar retail operations and website fulfillment including creating first and lasting impressions for our clients. You’ll be responsible for keeping the gallery clean, orderly and well-stocked; managing inventory levels; and creating an experience for our clients that reflects the Uptripping brand.
Hours: Wed-Sat, 11a-5p (28-36 hrs week) *we can be a little flexible on hours/days so if you’re not sure how many days/week you can commit to yet, let’s chat!
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Submit your resume to email@example.com
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO AS OUR GALLERY COORDINATOR!
• Provide exceptional customer service – in-person, via phone and email. Kindly and enthusiastically greet clientsand answer questions; answer emails; and handle correspondence with vendors, artists and clients.
• Perform sales and return transactions via a POS (point of sale) system (Traxia) – compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash, credit, or gift certificate payments.
• Uphold prices that are agreed upon by the artist and the gallery for pieces offered for sale – accurately entering pricing, artist and piece information into the retail management system (Traxia) and onto websites.
• Manage online orders including fulfilling, packaging and shipping orders.
• Manage in-store and online inventory – maintain proper inventory levels and ensure product is stocked.
• Maintain the integrity and cohesiveness of store space and displays with regular merchandising and cleaning.
• Maintain the outside appearance of the storefront.
• Maintain and organize back stock rooms.
• Build working relationships with artists, vendors and clients.
• Assist with coordination of seasonal “First Friday” art events.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE OUR NEXT GALLERY COORDINATOR!
• A minimum of one (1) year of retail or hospitality experience.
• Ability to lift and move art and furniture.
WHAT WE’D LIKE YOU TO HAVE TO BE OUR NEXT GALLERY COORDINATOR:
• Interest in and/or general knowledge of art and/or art concepts to be able to convey technique and other elements to clients.
• Experience with fulfillment of online retail orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a cheerful and outgoing attitude.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service in-person, via email and via phone.
• Ability to learn about the art and merchandise sold.
• Confidence in providing art and design advice to clients: confidence in sales ability.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Basic math skills for completing transactions.
• Organized, detail and task-oriented.
• Self-motivated and a self-started.
• Fun to work with!
Non-smoking retail environment. Using a computer, telephone and printer daily. Standing, walking, arranging and moving merchandise daily. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Uptripping provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.