Job Function Other
Education Level Not Specified
Schedule Preference FixedNight
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month April 2021
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsBenefits would vary based on experience.
Tabernash Tavern General Manager Job Description
The general manager is responsible for overseeing all restaurant operations, including managing, hiring and firing staff and providing leadership in outstanding restaurant service. The general manager also oversees maintenance and upkeep of the dining areas, kitchen, and exterior grounds of the restaurant; scheduling of staff; promoting and advertising the restaurant; and dealing with the legal and regulatory issues involved in running a restaurant. The general manager must be skilled in handling stressful working conditions, be an excellent multitasker, and be able to deal with frequent interruptions calmly and decisively.
• Surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; initiating corrective actions
• Meeting restaurant financial objectives by developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
• Attracting patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
• Assisting with wine & food purchases and inventory by meeting with suppliers and the Executive Chef; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
• Maintaining operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
• Maintaining patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
• Accomplishing human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures, and promoting teamwork.
• Maintaining safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
• Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Accomplishing company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
General Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Quality Focus.
Work Environment includes: frequent lifting & carrying up to 50 lbs., standing and/or walking for long periods of time, extended periods of screen (computer) use, exposure to cleaning & other chemicals standard in restaurant use, risk of burns and cuts.