Job Function Other
Education Level Associate Degree
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month October 2021
Job Available Until Month October 2021
BenefitsExcellent Health Insurance Coverage , 401K, PTO
Headwaters River Journey Manager
Headwaters Ecology and Community Centers
Full-time, year-round, salaried
Office Location: 730 Baker Drive Winter Park, CO 80482
Headwaters River Journey Manager will work onsite in Winter Park, Colorado and report directly to the General Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
HEADWATERS RIVER JOURNEY & RETAIL OPERATIONS
- Operate and clean retail space and exhibit daily.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain, update, and innovate technology and information within the exhibit.
- Conduct monthly inventory of retail products.
- Conduct quarterly inventory of exhibit equipment backstock.
- Operate and accurately input data into point of sale system.
- Reconcile cash drawer with daily sales.
- Coordinate retail product orders with General Manager.
- Complete other tasks as needed.
EVENTS & PROGRAMING
- Plan, organize, and execute weekly Headwaters River Journey events and programs.
- Manage Headwaters River Journey social media and news items.
- Conduct guided tours of exhibit as needed.
MEMBERSHIP & COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Field inquiries about exhibit and other parts of the facility.
- Actively solicit, promote, and sell exhibit tickets and memberships.
- Recognize and send written thank you to members, donors, and grantors.
- Create and maintain membership, donor, and grant records.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships.
- Maintain and exceed high customer service standards.
- 2 years of work experience. Background in water, environment, education, museum operations, and/or ecology preferred. Associate or higher degree preferred.
- Desire and ability to work with the public- strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat. Familiar with Facebook and Instagram social media postings.
- Strong work ethic and time management
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Work independently, self-motivated
- Reliable source of transportation
- Positive attitude and team oriented