Job Category Housekeepers
Minimum Qualification Not Specify
Schedule Preference Flexible
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month February 2021
Job Available Until Month March 2021
BenefitsPerks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include: Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts, Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Cleans and prepares units with Winter Park Resort Lodging for guest arrival, maintaining a neat and clean work environment, balancing work and personal life to maintain a healthy life style.
- Stocks and maintains a neat and orderly housekeeping cart
- Ensures they pick up after themselves at all times: including housekeeping storage closets, employee breakrooms, and employee bathrooms.
- Sorts counts, folds, marks, or carries linens; make beds.
- Cleans kitchens including all counter tops, floors, silverware, dishes, and applicances.
- Moves furniture, to sweep, vacuum, scrub, wax and/or polish floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpet, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture, blinds, artwork, and all surfaces.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, door panels and sills.
- Empties all wastebaskets and unsures cleanliness.
- Cleans bathrooms; including all showers, toilets, sinks, counters, tile, and floors.
- Replenishes all supplies in unit.
- Notes and communicates any noted damage, extra dirty units, or lost & found items to their Supervisor.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Knows the Winter Park Resort Core Values
- Follows all established uniform and appearance policies.
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned as needed.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Less than high school education is acceptable: or , up to one month related experience or training: or, equivalent combination of education and experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to an average shift of 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach different floors of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment and products.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to non-slip shoes, protective eye wear, and protective gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $12.50 – $26.00 per hour
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.