Job Function IT & Computer
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month November 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The IT Systems Specialist (ITSS) will work as an intermediary member of the IT Operations team, assisting with strategic execution, administration, and implementation of the organizations core IT systems, including server, network, and cloud platforms. With direction from IT Systems Administrators, IT Network Administrators, and the IT Operations Manager, the ITSS will perform skilled work in the operation, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of server and network systems, computers, software, point-of-sale systems, mobile devices, weather instrumentation, industrial controls, and other related equipment. This role will also serve in a support capacity and as an escalation resource for day to day incident and support requests.
The ITSS will be expected to participate in Enterprise working groups and project teams in support of local Resort and Alterra Enterprise strategic initiatives.
Using a variety of methodologies and prior experience, the ITSS will assist with implementation and support of business initiatives, as well as participate in proof-of-concept exercises, evaluation of hardware and software solutions considered for purchase. Duties also include the maintenance of records/documentation and completion of reports and inventory control, including independent recommendation and procurement of a variety of operations equipment, consumables, parts, tools, and other IT assets.
Excellent customer service skills are required to provide responsive service to fellow staff, outside vendors, and end users, ensuring that the department establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships. The ITSS must be able to work under pressure and deadlines, carry out written and oral directions, and prioritize support requests to meet business objectives, and engage in both independent and structured study and training courses.
The ITSS will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- The organization uses a ticket work management system that follows ITIL processes. Tickets should be addressed in a timely manner, and ITIL processes should be followed.
- The IT Systems Specialist may be assigned specific IT systems, such as servers, network, wireless, backup, storage, telecom, SaaS/IaaS, etc, in which they will be developed as a subject matter expert so they may assist in maintaining, upgrading, monitoring, and managing the long-term life-cycle of the system.
- The IT Systems Specialist will use, modify, apply, develop, and maintain a library of PowerShell scripts and code snippets at an intermediary level, with the expectation to provide stable and repeatable results. With direction, the ITSS will participate in code review, troubleshooting, and enhancements to new and existing PowerShell scripts.
- The IT Systems Specialist will act as an escalation point for the IT Support Specialists to resolve incident and service request tickets and calls.
- Coordinating and maintaining effective communication with all staff members and vendors is essential. The IT Systems Specialist responds to technical and non-technical situations in a friendly, efficient manner.
- The IT Systems Specialist is required to work closely with other IT staff, other departments, as well as the IT Operations Manager to ensure computer and network systems are working efficiently and internal processes are being followed.
- Clear documentation is necessary so each member of the team is capable of helping to support our systems. Documentation and inventory of computer systems must be thorough, accurate, and comply with standards established by the IT Operations Manager.
- The IT Systems Specialist position is a salary exempt position (meaning exempt from overtime). Normal work hours for this position are five days a week, 8am to 5pm, with a one hour lunch break. Variations from the normal work hours may be scheduled by the IT Operations Manager.
- Winter Park Resort is a 24-hour operation and requires this position to be flexible in work schedules. The position is often required to be staffed on weekends and holidays. Occasionally late night shifts will be required to perform maintenance and upgrades on critical systems during hours of low utilization. The position is required to participate in an on-call rotation after normal hours as scheduled by the IT Operations Manager.
- Alterra/Winter Park Resort team members must read, understand, and abide by all procedures and guidelines defined by Alterra, Winter Park Resort, the IT Director, and the IT Operations Manager. Compliance with “The Winter Park Employee Handbook” and the Alterra policies, whenever representing their position, are mandatory.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College degree in Information Systems or related field desired; Equivalent work experience required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of computers and related equipment and software.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of server and/or network systems.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A valid Colorado Driver’s License is required. May also be required to obtain a license or specific training for off-road vehicles or snow machines.
- Strong technical skills and ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Strong abilities to read, create, and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, while closely collaborating with management on broader IT projects.
- Experience with PowerShell, and a functional knowledge of scripting for Windows environments
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Microsoft Windows, and MacOS.
- Experience with setup and support of mobile devices including Windows mobile devices, iOS and Android devices.
- Experience with low-voltage Category (Cat5e/Cat6) cabling, installation, termination, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with 2.4 & 5 GHz 802.11 wireless network architecture and maintenance.
- Experience with VoIP telephone systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory systems as well as Group Policy.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server environments.
- Experience with Linux/Unix server environments is preferred.
- Experience with virtual server environments including VMware ESXi, and VM backup systems.
- Experience with point-of-sale systems and associated peripherals is preferred.
- Experience with PCI and SOX compliance preferred.
- Rudimentary exposure or working knowledge of Ethernet networking, LAN/WAN network technologies, the OSI model, TCP/IP, switching, routing, Wi-Fi, IP addressing, DHCP, DNS, and VLANs.
- Familiarity with enterprise-class server systems.
- Familiarity with cloud management systems and/or SaaS portals
The base salary pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Salary Range: $57,000-$84,000/year