Job Category Technician
Minimum Qualification GED
Schedule Preference Day
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month January 2021
Job Available Until Month December 2020
BenefitsTo be discussed at interview
Be familiar or interested in land surveying and willing to work in many environments. Will train as needed for the ideal candidate. See below for preferred experience level, but not required to apply.
Survey Crew Chief
About Peak to Peak Land Surveying & Mapping, Inc.
We are a small Land Surveying and Mapping firm incorporated in 2003. We have 2 licensed professional land surveyors; we use the latest Trimble and Topcon field equipment. We invest in technology as needed to stay competitive without sacrificing the quality of our work. We are not a survey sweat shop and we strive to provide the most complete work we take on. Our primary focus is boundary related surveys. We will take the small lot survey as well as the large tracts of land. Our work is primarily in the high country of Colorado. We have worked both sides of the Continental Divide from southern Colorado to northern Colorado. We will travel, at times.
About you that we are seeking
Good work ethic, positive attitude, willingness to learn and take on more responsibility, work in an environment that is not a major metropolitan area, respect the Code of the West, the ability to take the good with the bad, flexible and willing to work efficiently and ethically. Take pride and ownership of your work.
Full Job Description
We are currently seeking an experienced Survey Crew Chief to join our team.
- Must be experienced with and able to perform various types of field surveys, including:
- Improvement Location Certificates
- Boundary surveys
- ALTA surveys
- Topographic surveys
- Land Survey Plats
- Construction staking and field calculations
- Able to read and understand construction plans and specifications, plats, deeds and legal descriptions
- Proficiency with GPS, Total Station, Data Collectors (Trimble and Survey Pro preferred)
- Strong organizational skills including field notes and project documentation
- Experience with Microsoft Office and general computer tasks
- AutoCAD Civil 3d experience is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading survey crews
- LSI or PLS is a plus
- Must have a valid (and unrestricted) driver’s license
- Responsibilities include working with survey and design engineering staff, interfacing with clients, assisting in job scoping and estimating, and general office tasks
Full-time, year-round work. Benefits discussed at interview. Pay to commensurate skill level. $15.00 to $30.00/hr
Please respond with your cover letter, resume, and references.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political belief, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, laws regarding veteran’s status are observed. This equal employment opportunity policy is reflected in all company practices and policies regarding hiring, training, promotions, transfers, rates of pay, layoff, and other forms of compensation. All matters relating to employment are based on ability to perform the job, as well as dependability and reliability once hired.