Job Function Retail Clerk
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month November 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
Responsibilities include assisting the Reservation Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operation of the reservation sales floor and the Call Center Reservations Sales Agent staff in order to achieve Call Center service level and revenue goals. Daily responsibilities include assurance of staffing and scheduling, assisting Reservation Sales Agents with guest related or system related situations, maintaining a motivated staff in a positive culture that aligns itself with Winter Park’s Core Values, and reservation quality assurance. RSL works in concert with the Reservation Manager in the ongoing quality assurance of reservations made and the timely and efficient resolution of subscriber and customer service issues.
The Reservation Sales Lead will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Oversee and monitor daily Reservation Sales Agent (RSA) reservation sales activity to ensure maximum productivity, accuracy and the highest call quality standards.
- Provide support to RSA in product knowledge, system processes and guest service issues.
- Maintain working knowledge of computer and telephone systems, telephone sales techniques and skills, resort product knowledge and Central Reservations subscriber product knowledge.
- Participate with Reservations Manager to develop and implement RSA sales incentive and retention programs.
- RSL collaborates with the Reservations Manager, Call Center Trainer and Business Development Coordinator to maintain current and accurate information on products and promotions. Distribute and review new promotions/products with agents. Assure information is consistent and correct.
- Performs ongoing reservations quality assurance checks from each previous day’s activity to ensure accuracy.
- Works with Call Center Trainer to identify and correct deficiencies through recurrent training of RSA’s.
- Works in concert with the CenRes Business Development Coordinator, to resolve reservation overbookings with lodging subscribers.
- Monitors and reports any equipment or operating systems deficiencies in relation to the efficient operation of the reservations floor.
- Develop and maintains the follow up contact program for agents to contact guests for additional products needed on existing reservations or quotes.
- Provide sales reports on follow up programs.
- Manages the reservations email inbox, assuring prompt response to guest’s emails.
- As phone volume dictates, assist RSA’s including answering calls and questions, making new reservations, changes and cancelations.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED –General Education Development (High School equivalency test), 18 years of age or older required.
- Minimum of one year experience in Central Reservation or related reservations, call center or sales environment. Supervisory experience or demonstrated ability desirable. Familiarity with stressful circumstances and an ability to perform calmly and maturely during those times.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with mountain resort and travel industry reservation systems and procedures, and Winter Park vacation products desirable.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office or equivalent, the Internet. Experience with Inntopia reservation system and Resort point of sale system (RTP) desirable. Is able to learn quickly those applications not known.
- Is creative & extremely flexible. Can conceptualize ideas. Can think “outside the box.” Has the ability to implement ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts’ hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts’ total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $21.50 – $25 DOE