Job Function Lifeguarding Staff
Education Level Not Specified
Schedule Preference WeekdayDayNight
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month August 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsBenefits include: Winter Park Resort ski pass, Grand Park Community Rec Center pass, Pole Creek Golf Club access, The Foundry Cinema & Bowl, The IceBox Ice Rink, paid holidays, paid sick leave, and retirement benefits. Benefit restrictions may apply depending on hours worked. Apply online, or stop by the Rec Center for more information.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Monitor activities in the aquatics area to prevent accidents and provide assistance to swimmers. Provide a fun, safe, clean environment and experience to the patrons in the aquatics area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
▪ Supervise swimming activities at the aquatics facility and ensure that policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
▪ Warn swimmers of improper activities or danger, and enforce pool regulations and water safety policies.
▪ Administer first aid in the event of injury, rescue swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administer CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary.
▪ Evaluate conditions for safety and initiate aquatics emergency action plan as required.
▪ Conduct daily/weekly maintenance and cleaning of the aquatic’s facility and notify staff of any safety issues.
▪ Assist in maintenance and inventory of pool equipment.
▪ Respond to accidents, injuries, incidents, and illnesses that occur at the GPCRC; complete reports as needed for accidents, injuries, incidents, and illnesses.
▪ Complete pool maintenance logs, attendance logs, and swim lesson logs.
▪ Participate in promotional opportunities, staff training, and meetings as required.
▪ Perform other related duties as necessary.
Lifeguard Training is required, but paid training will be offered!
Must be 15 years of age or older. 16 years of age for the $1000 state incentive.
Apply online, or stop by the Rec Center for more information.