Job Function Guest Services
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month August 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
Lift Crew members will play a key role in safely transporting guests to experience the world-class terrain of Winter Park Resort. As a member of the Lift Operations Crew, Crew Members are tasked with the safe operation of Lifts, Platter, and Conveyors, all while providing every guest with excellent service. The position requires a positive attitude, a willingness to help guests and fellow crew members, a passion for the outdoors, and a high alpine environment. The successful Lift Operations Crew Member will learn all required knowledge, bring a positive attitude each day and help continue Winter Park Resort’s reputation of industry-leading friendliness and helpfulness. When done well, the position of Lift Operations Crew Member involves positive guest interaction and plenty of skiing and riding throughout the day.
The Lift Crew Member is responsible for the high-quality and efficient operation of the aerial and surface ski lifts. This person must follow, consistently, Winter Park Resort policies and procedures.
- Operate all lifts by CPTSB, ANSI B-77, and USFS Rules and Regulations
- Be alert for hazards and potential hazards involving passengers, employees, and machinery.
- Consistently follow safety procedures and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Follow Winter Park Resort and Lift Department policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Create and maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while effectively providing our skiing guests and other employees with assistance, information, and/or directions.
- Effectively handle first-line conflicts and grievances with guests.
- Maintain a positive working atmosphere that encourages teamwork, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform opening procedures, daily operational inspection, and complete Lift Log as delegated by a crew leader and/or Supervisor.
- Follow loading and unloading procedures for passengers including those with special needs (i.e. NSCD participants, Ski & Snowboard School participants, and children).
- Keep lift area and lift cabins neat, paying particular attention to housekeeping, ropes, barriers, ramps, corrals, tool storage, snow removal, and ski tip clearance.
- Keep trail maps and tissue dispensers full.
- Complete lift logs, and lift incident forms neatly, accurately, and timely.
- Communicate with Lift Supervisor for updates on schedule changes, memos, policy changes, and special events.
- Become familiar with basic day-to-day sounds and the appearance of the lift and lift components. Immediately notify dispatch of any changes.
- Maintain uniform and appearance standards in accordance with Lift Department guidelines.
- Perform ticket validation duties when assigned.
- Be a Winter Park guest relations representative. Project a desirable image that reflects favorably upon the incumbent, this position, and the ski resort.
- Keep ample supply of Lift Incident Reports, Lift Logs, etc. on hand.
- Perform other duties as directed.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Guest service experience desirable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which these position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity does include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes are produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts’ hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts’ total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Starting hourly pay: $18.00 per hour