Job Function Lift Operator
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference FlexibleDay
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month December 2022
Job Available Until Month December 2022
JOIN US IN THE MOUNTAINS!
At Granby Ranch, you will have a small mountain experience where families, friends and team members connect, live, play and enjoy the natural environment of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Perks of joining our team include affordable employee housing, a season pass for Granby Ranch, free passes to more than 15 Colorado ski areas, in-house discounts in our rental, retail and restaurant outlets, and so much more!
The Lift Operator is responsible for the safe loading and unloading of passengers on aerial tramways and surface lifts. This position is highly interactive with guests providing clear verbal directions in a friendly tone and physically assisting passengers in the loading and unloading process as necessary. Lift Operator duties also include ticket scanning, snow work, set up, tear down, and maintenance of lift corrals, keeping lift shacks and areas of trash.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist every skier/rider with loading/unloading the lift using verbal and physical directions and assistance as necessary.
- Maintain snow work at loading/unloading ramps and surrounding lift station areas using rakes, shovels, ice chippers as necessary.
- Successfully complete training and required written tests for operations of aerial tramways.
- Maintain a safe and friendly environment at your work station at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop familiarity with the ski area terrain and features and be able to give description of the Granby Ranch ski runs when asked by guests.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to focus on repetitive action for long periods of time.
- Ability to remain alert and respond quickly and appropriately to situations outside of normal.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ski/snowboard experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be physically capable to perform strenuous exercise at 8,000-10,000 feet with adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Dexterity for utilizing lift controls, hand tools, ski equipment, ticket scanner.
- Verbal, auditory and visual abilities necessary for communication with others and operation of lift controls.
- Ski or Snowboard at intermediate level preferred.
- Provide own ski/ride equipment
- Provide own warm clothing/base layers beyond provided uniform jacket and snowpants.
- Weekend and holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO SHARE OUR VALUES:
- Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
- Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant state of innovation, evolution and adaptation, thoughtfully balanced with a sense of focus and attention to detail.
- Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
- Professionalism & Relatability. We believe that a culture of respect, shared passion, and a sense of community is imperative to success.