Reports To: Lift Operations Supervisor
Department: Mountain Operations – Lift Operations
Status: Full Time Seasonal
Join us as we take on a re-envisioning of Ski Granby Ranch. We are a new resort and hospitality management company, but we have a way of doing business that has been forged by over forty years in the mountain resort and hospitality sectors. You will become part of an organization that is fundamentally biased towards team. We look for people who share our ethos:
• Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds; importantly, that success is the team’s success. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
• Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant mode of innovating, creating, and executing, all of which is thoughtfully balanced with a foundational sense of focus and attention to detail.
• Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members, without question. We are snowmakers who quietly go about our duties at midnight; human resources professionals who navigate the challenges of business in mountain communities; the back-of-house staff passionately dedicated to our craft. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
• Professionalism & Relatability. We sit in boardrooms. We turn wrenches. We flip burgers. We believe an egalitarian culture, respect, shared passion, and a sense of community among mountain people is imperative to success.
The Lift Operator is responsible for the safe loading and unloading of passengers on aerial tramways and surface lifts. This position is highly interactive with guests providing clear verbal directions in a friendly tone and physically assisting passengers in the loading and unloading process as necessary. Lift Operator duties also include ticket scanning, snow work, set up, tear down, and maintenance of lift corrals, keeping lift shacks and areas of trash.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain an organized, clean, efficient work space and maintain sanitization throughout the day in accordance with COVID-19 regulations and company policy.
• Assist every skier/rider with loading/unloading the lift using verbal and physical directions and assistance as necessary.
• Maintain snow work at loading/unloading ramps and surrounding lift station areas using rakes, shovels, ice chippers as necessary.
• Successfully complete training and required written test for operations of aerial tramways.
• Scan every ticket while in the position of ticket checker.
• Follow all safety rules explicitly.
• Notify ski patrol of any accident that is seen by you or reported to you during your shift.
• Keep the Lead Operator informed of all situations at your lift.
• Maintain a safe and friendly environment at your work station at all times.
• Arrive to work in the morning and after lunch break on time.
• Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Lead Operator to perform all necessary checks in the morning, ensuring all safety circuits and switches are functioning properly.
• Participate in incident investigations as needed.
• Ensure familiarity with the ski area terrain and features and be able to give description of the Granby Ranch ski runs when asked by guests.
• Maintain a safe and clean resort area by picking up refuse and other items in and around the resort.
• Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
• Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to focus on repetitive action for long periods of time.
• Ability to remain alert and respond quickly and appropriately to situations outside of normal.
• Ability to use sound judgement.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Speak, read, write in English fluently.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Must be physically capable to perform strenuous exercise at 8,000-10,000 feet with adverse weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Dexterity for utilizing lift controls, hand tools, ski equipment, ticket scanner.
• Verbal, auditory and visual abilities necessary for communication with others and operation of lift controls.
• Ski or Snowboard at intermediate level preferred.
• Provide own ski/ride equipment, clothing and accessories necessary for work outdoors in high alpine winter environment.
• Walking, Kneeling, Squatting, Climbing (ladders), Reaching, Grabbing, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Sitting, Standing, Skiing.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.