Job Function Cook
Education Level Not Specified
Schedule Preference FlexibleWeekdayDayNight
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month May 2022
Job Available Until Month October 2022
BenefitsGranby Ranch provides an opportunity to work and play in the Colorado Rocky Mountains without the hassle of huge crowds, endless lines and corporate resorts. Granby Ranch is one of the few small ski areas left in Colorado where you can experience skiing, golf, hiking, and mountain biking the way it used to be! Granby Ranch offers excellent beginner and intermediate skiing terrain in an easy to navigate setting. Just an hour and half from Denver and 20 minutes from Winter Park and Grand Lake (gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park), avoid getting lost in the crowd and join our goal oriented, close-knit team. EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE At Granby Ranch you will have a small mountain town experience that feels like family. Team members will enjoy a work environment in which we are focused on delivering excellent service to our guests and members with western hospitality – in an easy manner with a smile! Benefits Include: -Competitive Pay and Affordable Housing -Free, unlimited skiing at 15 Colorado ski areas and free ski/snowboard lessons -Over 40 miles of trails for Snow Shoeing, Cross Country Skiing and Hiking HOUSING Housing is available on a limited basis for $500-$900/month (depending on the season, location, private or shared room, and unit type). Rent is not included as part of the compensation package and is taken directly out of paychecks. A $325 security deposit and $75 non-refundable administration fee is required upon arrival, with a lease for the term of employment. Having a car is recommended but not required; limited transportation is provided from all housing locations to Granby Ranch.
Join us as we take on a re-envisioning of Ski Granby Ranch. We are a new resort and hospitality management company, but we have a way of doing business that has been forged by over forty years in the mountain resort and hospitality sectors. You will become part of an organization that is fundamentally biased towards team. We look for people who share our ethos:
- Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds; importantly, that success is the team’s success. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
- Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant mode of innovating, creating, and executing, all of which is thoughtfully balanced with a foundational sense of focus and attention to detail.
- Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members, without question. We are snowmakers who quietly go about our duties at midnight; human resources professionals who navigate the challenges of business in mountain communities; the back-of-house staff passionately dedicated to our craft. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
- Professionalism & Relatability. We sit in boardrooms. We turn wrenches. We flip burgers. We believe an egalitarian culture, respect, shared passion, and a sense of community among mountain people is imperative to success.
The line cook is responsible for preparing, cooking, and presenting high quality food with precision and speed in all Granby Ranch establishments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain an organized, clean, efficient work space and maintain sanitization throughout the day in accordance with COVID-19 regulations and company policy.
- Maintain professional and accurate preparation and presentation of all food inventories.
- Ensure inventory is secure, appropriately stocked, and handled property.
- Observe proper cleaning procedures and maintain an impeccably clean and orderly restaurant.
- Maintain a clean and orderly service, cooking and storage area.
- Maintain quality and portion control of all menu items.
- Provide food to guests in a timely, professional and friendly manner.
- Comply with all Colorado State Health Codes.
- Adhere to all safety requirements.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
- Maintain accurate accounting and stocking of food inventories.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly resort area by constantly picking up and disposing of debris and trash.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of food recipes including portion controls.
- Some knife skills, and knowledge of basic cuts
- Knowledge of basic culinary techniques including stocks and soups, meat and seafood processing, baking and desserts, vinaigrettes and emulsions.
- Knowledge of all proper food handling procedures, including proper labeling, rotation and storage of all food, sanitation, heating and cooling of sauces, soups and stocks.
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills and maintains a friendly, professional and helpful attitude to all guests and fellow employees.
- Ability to work well under pressure and high stress situations.
- Familiarity with Colorado State Health Codes.
- Ability to solve problems and conflict in a friendly, professional and helpful manner.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a kitchen
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Primarily indoor work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Some outdoor work to service the patio with outdoor grill in a mountain environment with variable weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Dexterity for utilizing kitchen equipment.
- Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
- Skiing, Walking, Kneeling, Squatting, Reaching, Grabbing, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Sitting, Standing.
- Weekend and holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.