Job Function Mechanic
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month August 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The Equipment Mechanic’s primary responsibilities are to repair, service, recondition, overhaul and maintain vehicles, equipment, and their components in the Winter Park Fleet. Follows consistently Winter Park/ Intrawest policies and procedures. You may be placed in Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Auto & Truck Mechanic, or Small Equipment Mechanic.
- Perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs as assigned by Equipment Shop Foreman/Fleet Maintenance Foreman.
- Assist Master Mechanics as assigned by Equipment Shop Foreman/Fleet Maintenance Foreman.
- Safely transport vehicles or equipment to the shop.
- Estimate expected repair time and costs.
- Complete work orders and other paperwork; repairs.
- Notify the appropriate department upon completion of repairs.
- Wear safety equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workstation (shop).
- Report and correct, if possible, unsafe conditions of vehicles, equipment, or shop.
- Complete work promptly with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with guests and other employees.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Assist vehicle and equipment users with mechanical and operational procedures.
- Assist Foreman with paperwork.
- Update scheduled maintenance tags or notices.
- Keep current and well-informed on related topics in the field of vehicle/equipment maintenance.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- One-year formal training or demonstrated skill in any of the following:
- auto mechanics
- diesel mechanics
- auto electrical systems
- test equipment
- basic welding
- Two years on the job experience in any or all of the above.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Current First Aid card is desirable
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle
- All shop tools, equipment, and testing instruments
- Computer analyzers
- All area vehicles and equipment, over-snow vehicles, wheeled vehicles, chainsaws, and pumps
- Gasoline and diesel engines
- Power and hand tools
- Arc and gas welder
- Cutting torch
- Paint sprayer
- Precision and electrical instruments
- Work order forms.
- Earplugs, hearing protection
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Stand, over 2/3 of the time.
- Walk, 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
- Sit, less than 1/3 of the time.
- Move up to 75 lbs., 1/3 of the time (tracks, parts, oil barrels).
- Carry 50 lbs. less than 1/3 of the time (parts).
- Push/pull up to 75 lbs, 1/3 of the time.
- Climb/hike, less than 1/3 of the time (ladders, stairs to parts room).
- Balance on icy terrain, less than 1/3 of the time (outside repairs).
- Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, over 2/3 of the time (repairs).
- Reach/handle/finger/feel, over 2/3 of the time (small and large tools, parts).
- ordinary, more than 2/3 of the time
- over loud noise, 1/3 of the time
- ordinary, more than 2/3 of the time
- over loud noise, less than 1/3 of the time
- average acuity/near, over 2/3 of the time
- average acuity/far, less than 1/3 of the time
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts’ hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts’ total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $20 – $28 DOE