Job Function Ski Patrol
Education Level Not Specified
Schedule Preference Flexible
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month July 2022
Job Available Until Month October 2022
|POSITION SUMMARY: The Trail Crew position is responsible for maintaining cross country and downhill bike trails, managing water diversion where necessary, clearing trails of down trees and debris, fire watch for burn piles, and other trail work as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain and improve Cross country and Downhill bike trails at Granby Ranch.
• Remove and clear trees, pick up and remove rocks and other debris from bike and ski trails.
• Maintain wooden features within bike park.
• Construct new trails as directed by Supervisor.
• Build water diversion structures maintain existing drainages.
• Fell trees and perform sawyer work as required for trail maintenance.
• Operate heavy equipment including, but not limited to, skid steer, back-hoe, mini-excavator, four-wheeler, or mules.
• Assist with trail maintenance for community trail systems.
• Assist in trail improvements for ski runs including but not limited to revegetation, water bar improvements, boundary post placements, mowing of ski trails, and other summer trail improvements.
• Look for better ways to serve the organization.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for enforcing policies regarding guests using our trail systems, including AT, snowshoe, and Nordic, making sure all have obtained releases of liability and purchased the necessary products in order to access those facilities.
• Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
• Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
• Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Speak, read, write in English fluently.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
· Must be 18 years old or older
· Previous trail building work preferred.
· Previous work outside required.
· Previous experience operating skid steer a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Must be able to lift up to 60lbs.
• Requires physical conditioning to perform physically demanding tasks at altitude throughout 10 hour shift including core and arm strength to handle chainsaw, spud bar, pick, shovel, etc.
• Dexterity for handling tools such as shovel, rake, pick, spud bar, chainsaw.
• Stand and walk/hike for duration of 10 hour shift.
• Reaching, Bending, Sitting, Standing, Carrying, Lifting, using ladders.
• Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
• Flexible work schedule, availability on weekends, evenings and holidays required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
We look for people who share our ethos: