Job Function Health Care Specialist
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference FlexibleWeekday
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month April 2022
BenefitsMind Springs Health offers a comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, PTO Accrual, and 403b Retirement Plan.
$666.12 per year additional Cost of Living Allowance.
$5,000 Red Cross Housing Incentive Bonus at time of hire, and $4,000 Red Cross Stay Bonus for longevity at 6 and 12 months.
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO Accrual, and 403b Benefits Available.
Must be, or have been, a client of mental health services, or is or has been a caretaker of minor child that has received mental health services. Colorado Peer and Family Specialist (CPFS) credential is preferred. Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
Under immediate supervision, the Peer Specialist provides patient/client support services, serves as a patient/ client advocate, provides patient/client information and peer support for adult, adolescent, and child patients/ clients and/or their families. Services are provided at either Mind Springs Health, West Springs Hospital, St. Mary’s Hospital, Valley View Hospital, or other community agencies or locations. Performs a wide range of tasks to assist patients/clients in regaining control over their own recovery process, advocating for their own needs, and may support families of children and youth in navigating systems. The Peer Specialist will role model competency in recovery and ongoing coping skills.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability (include materials and equipment directly used):
• Organizational skills and creative problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply crisis intervention skills.
• Ability to observe, report, and keep records on patient’s/client’s recovery process.
• Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to use supervision to enhance own performance.
• Ability to work to achieve the mission and goals of this agency.
• Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet access.
• Ability to type into various computer software applications.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including calculator, copy machine, fax and multi-line telephone.
• Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a sometimes hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands: Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Employee must be able to travel between Mind Springs sites. May be exposed to stressful situations that involve enraged, distraught and/or intoxicated individuals with possible mental disorders. Possible potential for exposure to communicable disease. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.