Job Function Delivery Services
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month October 2021
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsHealth Insurance (medical only) Tax-free Health Reimbursement Arrangement plan (HRA) 100% Employer contributed retirement Uniforms PTO Paid sick leave
Independent Propane is currently in search of a highly driven individual with experience in propane service and tank installation. As a Delivery Technician (DT), this role will be responsible for routine propane delivery, minor service to LP-Gas systems, as well as transfer operations.
- Adhere to Company procedures to routinely deliver a hazardous material, LP-Gas, from a bulk truck to ASME tanks, provide minor service to LP-Gas systems, according to Federal and State laws and regulations governing LP-Gas systems and transfer operations.
- Follow all safety protocols and utilize good judgment at all times.
- Pull hose from the truck up and down steep inclines and through mud and snow under adverse weather conditions.
- Occasionally operate power equipment requiring strength and dexterity.
- Through training and experience, determine when it is safe to drive and when it is not safe to attempt delivery.
- At customer locations, demonstrate a working knowledge of the physical properties of propane and possess the technical ability to repair small leaks and other minor problems that were noted through an exterior visual inspection of the LP-Gas system.
- Perform other assignments at the office and plant or in the field, including that of Service Technician, as may be reasonably assigned on occasion.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the physical properties of propane.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- 2-3 years job-related (Propane) experience preferred.
- Positive attitude and great communication skills.
- CDL-B with HAZMAT/TANKER endorsements are a plus, but not required.
- HVAC, Electrical, CTEP Training (can provide after employment if necessary)
- Track Pipe Certificate a plus.
- Knowledge of underground and above-ground vapor and liquid gas piping is a plus.
- Physical ability to perform all daily tasks on a repeated, regular basis.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic including working with decimals and fractions and is capable of reading and interpreting various gauges.
- Maintain a very high ethical standard; follow the Golden Rule–“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- Be pleasant and courteous with clients, coworkers, and other team members; adhere to guidelines in the Employee Handbook in daily tasks and interpersonal interactions.
- Be able to pass random drug tests and adhere to DOT standards.