Job Function Lifeguarding Staff
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference DayNight
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month February 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsDesignated full time FVMRD employees are eligible for benefits including: Medical, dental, and vision plans including spouse, domestic partner, and family coverage options, employer paid life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, Winter Park Resort ski pass, Grand Park Community Rec Center pass, Pole Creek Golf Club access, The Foundry Cinema & Bowl, and The IceBox Ice Rink. Apply online, or stop by the Rec Center for more information.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Assist the Aquatics Supervisor in hiring, training, scheduling, and mentoring aquatic staff, as well as working as a full-time lifeguard when required. Monitor activities in the aquatics facility to prevent accidents, provide assistance to swimmers, and ensure safety. Interact and provide a fun, safe, clean environment and experience to the patrons in the aquatics facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
▪ Supervise swimming activities in the aquatics facility and ensure that policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
▪ Warn swimmers of improper activities or danger, and enforce pool regulations and water safety policies.
▪ Administer first aid in the event of injury, rescue swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administer CPR when necessary.
▪ Evaluate conditions for safety and initiate the aquatics emergency action plan as required.
▪ Organize and conduct swim lesson programs.
▪ Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and mentoring lifeguards and swim instructors.
▪ Help plan, organize, and instruct all LGI trainings of current lifeguards and potential lifeguard applicants.
▪ Help plan, organize, and instruct all CPR/First Aid/AED trainings of current and future FVMRD employees.
▪ Assist in the recording and documentation of current lifeguard certifications.
▪ Maintain a clean and orderly pool and adjoining areas to ensure safety of all patrons.
▪ Complete pool maintenance logs and attendance logs.
▪ Conduct daily maintenance and cleaning of the aquatics facility and notify Aquatics Supervisor of any safety issues.
▪ Test pool chemicals with a Taylor or Palin test kit and adjust chemicals as needed.
▪ Assist in purchasing and maintenance of pool equipment.
▪ Respond to accidents, injuries, and illnesses that occur at the GPCRC; complete reports as needed for accidents, injuries, and illnesses.
▪ Participate and aide in planning of promotional opportunities, staff in-services and audits, and meetings as required.
▪ Perform other related duties as needed.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
▪ High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
▪ Minimum of two years lifeguard experience required.
▪ Current Red Cross Lifeguard certification required.
▪ Aquatic Facility Operator and/or Pool Operator certification preferred, or be able to obtain within 90 days.
▪ Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred, or be able to obtain within 90 days.