Job Function Other
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month August 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The Training & Recruitment Specialist plays a crucial role during all stages of the employee life cycle. The Training & Recruitment Specialist will post jobs, interview candidates, manage International and domestic internship programs, deliver various in-person employee new hire orientations, and create classroom curricula.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Speaking/presenting in front of groups of employees (up to 70 people)
- Participates in events and functions hosted by HR, and creates a positive culture in the employment office.
- Supports the Recruiting Manager in recruitment strategy and design as well as application management and tracking.
- Manages ACE recognition program
- Review and schedule interviews for seasonal and year-round vacancies
- Prepare and coordinate the company-wide orientations training under the guidance of the Recruitment Manager.
- Manage and track employee referral bonuses
- Oversee coordination and scheduling of training dates, locations, and times for orientation.
- Designs and delivers instructor-led and blended programs that add value to the learner, to the Resort, and the enterprise, including but not limited to First Season Orientation, Returning Employee Orientation, Supervisory Training, Policy training, HRIS System training, and Culture training programs.
- Communicates Winter Park’s policies, procedures, guest service expectations, employee benefits, and the overall understanding of what is expected as a Winter Park employee in creating the best memories for guests and employees.
- Create a positive atmosphere in training sessions; an atmosphere where employees feel welcome and leave with the most positive impression of Winter Park Resort and the Human Resources Department.
- Records and reports processing of Orientation & Training participation lists and tracking
- Assists with the training and maintenance of Workday Learning.
- Works closely with the Recruitment Manager and other division managers to learn and identify orientation and training needs.
- Assist with the development and management of the domestic and International intern programs.
- Assist Recruitment Manager with community outreach programs including the Grand County Education Program and Denver Outreach.
- Assist department leaders with developing department-specific training programs.
- Serve as general back-up for other functions within the Human Resources office as coverage necessitates as well as responds to basic questions to assist the overall HR communication process.
- Responsible for tracking all individuals’ participation and completion of training.
- Prepares ad hoc reports, presentations, and other materials as requested
- Highly organized in the work area and keeps the orientation facility clean at all times.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- 1-2 years experience in Human Resources with knowledge of recruitment and training functions
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in HR-related field preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- General knowledge of employment laws including Federal and State regulations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, database management software programs, Microsoft Access, and Desktop publishing.
- Ability to learn software programs quickly.
- Proficient knowledge of AV equipment including LCD projectors and hookups with laptops.
- Organizational skills are a must with the ability to keep things clean and neat consistently.
- Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
- Possess creative visual and graphic design abilities.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills and the ability to communicate well with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to constructively handle stressful situations by displaying a mature and professional attitude.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- UltiPro and Mind Flash experience preferred.
- Ability to work with all levels of management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts’ hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts’ total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay range: $ 20 -24