Reports To: Rental/Retail Manager
Status: Full Time/Seasonal
Join us as we take on a re-envisioning of Ski Granby Ranch. We are a new resort and hospitality management company, but we have a way of doing business that has been forged by over forty years in the mountain resort and hospitality sectors. You will become part of an organization that is fundamentally biased towards team. We look for people who share our ethos:
• Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds; importantly, that success is the team’s success. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
• Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant mode of innovating, creating, and executing, all of which is thoughtfully balanced with a foundational sense of focus and attention to detail.
• Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members, without question. We are snowmakers who quietly go about our duties at midnight; human resources professionals who navigate the challenges of business in mountain communities; the back-of-house staff passionately dedicated to our craft. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
• Professionalism & Relatability. We sit in boardrooms. We turn wrenches. We flip burgers. We believe an egalitarian culture, respect, shared passion, and a sense of community among mountain people is imperative to success.
The Rental Supervisor assists with all daily operations of the rental shop, ensuring rental inventory, repairs and returns are handled efficiently and appropriately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform opening and closing procedures for Rental Shop daily.
• Verify daily sales and revenues for each rental sales station, daily.
• Work closely with Ski School, Group Sales, and Ticketing departments to effectively and efficiently meet guest needs.
• Create and implement weekly schedule for rental shop employees.
• Assist with binding certification process and trailing for all rental shop staff.
• Maintain a neat and well displayed rental shop daily.
• Ensure all rental equipment is well tuned and in good working shape daily.
• Assist guests with all aspects of rental experience, including but not limited to, selecting rental equipment, completing rental forms and adjusting rental equipment appropriately.
• Assist Commercial Operations Manager with implementation of all paperwork, loss, safety and control procedures.
• Prevent theft internally and externally at all times.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with daily management operations in absence of Commercial Operations Manager, including but not limited to, staffing, daily evaluation and performance management.
• Follow up and continue education and training for rental shop staff throughout the season.
• Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
• Effectively interact with all management staff and co-workers across all departments to support progress toward the overall organizational goals and objectives.
• Acknowledge and act on guest needs and staff needs.
• Look for and discuss ways to improve service to guests.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervision of rental staff members, including supervision of daily activities and operations within the rental shop.
• Assist manager with monitoring and approval of payroll.
• Assist with training of rental shop staff.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to interact courteously with guests, co-workers and management.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in congruence with one another.
• Non-biased, tolerant and objective.
• Disciplined, responsible and accountable.
• Ability to motivate staff and lead by positive example.
• Computer skills, and knowledge of programs including, but not limted to, MicrosoftWord, Excel, Outlook.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma required.
• College course work in management and sales, or related field, preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Experience and knowledge of rental software systems preferred.
• Experience with ski and snowboard tuning and binding adjustments.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Generally indoor work environment with some outdoor work for nightly sweeps in a winter mountain environment with variable weather conditions.
• Ability to lift boots, bindings and skis frequently throughout each shift.
• Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Ability to operate all tuning equipment and general tools.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time while assisting guest needs.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.