Job Function Retail Clerk
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month August 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The Retail/Rental Manager is responsible and accountable for the daily operation of between 1 and 6 Winter Park retail/rental facilities ensuring excellent success in the areas of retail sales, cost management, guest service, supply purchasing, product merchandising, inventory/cash control systems, store replenishment, rental equipment quality, initial and ongoing training and daily operating standards.
The Retail Rental Managers’ network for locations will be responsible for an estimated seasonal revenue of between $1.5M and $2.5M, through the sale of outerwear and apparel, ski/snowboard accessories, ski/snowboard hardgoods, other retail items, rental fulfillment, and tuning services. Good written and oral communication skills, computer skills, team player attitude, and cash handling skills required. Days and hours may vary but will include weekends and holidays. Must be able to work mornings starting at 7 a.m. until evenings at 8 p.m. Good written and oral communication skills, computer skills, team player attitude, and cash handling skills required. Retail experience preferred. Duties include daily opening and closing of location, staff management, daily and weekly reports, as well as merchandise inventory control.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP:
- Oversee rental and retail locations and the management and administration of these operations to produce successful and efficient experiences for the guest and employee.
- Responsible for hiring, training, development and evaluation of all the front line staff. Provide leadership, motivation counseling, and coaching for direct reports. Responsible for training staff to be knowledgeable sales/rental people with a superior level of guest service.
- Assist direct reports in the creation of annual goals and objectives that support those of Winter Park and the HR department as well as the mission and vision of the department.
- Provide formal and informal feedback to direct reports, conduct one-on-ones, annual performance reviews, and recognize and reward exceptional performance.
- Communicate information to all staff to ensure knowledge of resort and Winter Park activities, events, and changes.
- Ensure accurate accounting of daily revenues, expenses and inventories. Implements policies and operating procedures to assure accuracy, accountability and security of all assets.
-Inventories up to 2 million annually.
-Revenue up to $4 million annually.
-Expenses up to $40,000 annually.
-Contribution up to $3 million annually.
- Review retail/rental stores weekly to verify store standards are being achieved and financial goals are being met. Meet with direct reports weekly to review these standards/goals and assist with planning.
- Implement and administer retail and rental incentive programs, encouraging attainment of personal and divisional revenue goals.
- Participate in weekly/monthly department meetings, which include sales techniques, incentive programs, and financial summaries. Organize store meetings in order to cascade the information.
- Develop and maintain excellent public relations with existing and prospective vendors as a representative of Winter Park Resort.
- Ensures that the appropriate safety precautions are performed as scheduled for both staff and guests.
- Ensures the scheduling and staffing levels are appropriate for business levels and reacts as needed.
- Analyze retail/rental inventory levels with staff on a constant basis ensuring adequate and consistent allocations. Provide input and make recommendations to the Retail Rental Director and/or Retail Rental Group Manager.
- Implement inventory and accounting procedures and guidelines necessary to minimize internal and external shrinkage.
- Responsible for implementing a merchandising plan to increase revenues through product placement in the shops, window displays, and product mix (i.e., tee shirts vs. ski gloves) which gives the shops good balance and design.
- Ensure all window displays and interior store merchandising is fresh to ensure the success of the operation.
- Identify computerization needs and coordinate with IT concerning research and installation of hardware and software.
- Develop procedures and training information for staff.
- Evaluate all upgrades of current systems and troubleshoot problems.
- Have an intimate knowledge of all POS systems to execute operations daily as well as integrate future strategies.
- Assist in developing short and long term departmental goals and objectives, aligning with Winter Park Resort, and assist in the implementation of strategies. Effectively communicate these goals/objectives to staff.
- Contribute to long range planning, budgetary preparation, and controlling expenditures and increasing revenues for assigned business units and any other corporate opportunities.
- Assist in supporting marketing strategies to increase awareness and grow market share of assigned business units.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
Minimum of 1 year experience:
- Experience in Business Management
- Experience in Personnel Management
- Experience in Sales Merchandising and Public Relations
- Experience in Computer Systems
- Experience in POS Systems
- Must be able to ski or walk to all locations.
- Must be able to stand for entire shift.
- Must be able to speak English, and enunciate clearly.
- Must speak/hear clearly over telephone.
- Constant customer and staff contact.
- College Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Computer Related Studies or Equivalent Experience
- Supervisory/Leadership Training or Equivalent Experience
- Degree in Merchandising or Equivalent Experience
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Salary pay range: $56,000 annually