Requires 21st Century Skills? Yes
Job Function Retail Clerk
Education Level GED/High School Diploma
Job Schedule FixedFlexibleWeekdayDayNight
Experience Level Entry Level
Work Location On-Site
Job Qualifies for Earn & Learn Program Yes
Job Start Month May 2023
Reports to: Assistant Manager and Sales Floor Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Position Philosophy: The duties of the Sales Associate are to drive sales by providing world class customer service which will support our vision of being the place that locals can rely on and visitors must see.
Yet, outstanding service is not enough. Sales Associates must be capable and comfortable with the SALES process and strive to have a positive impact on driving up our average sale. Sales Associates are also responsible for assisting with merchandising product, maintaining specific areas within the store, and supporting the store management team. Thus, a personality and approach that strongly represents our Core Values and Expectations is required. And, an enthusiastic, positive, supportive sales focused attitude is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Puts “Customers First, Tasks Second.”
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service which follows the S.A.L.E.S. process and by mystery shop standards.
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements and provide this information to customers.
- Continually work on increasing knowledge of the products we sell and their uses
- Constantly focus on offering world class service and knowledge to our customers.
- Competence in all services offered to our customers (keys, paint, screens, pipe cutting, etc.)
- Responsive to safety issues.
- Assist customers in locating merchandise in store, on ACENET, as well as, processing special orders and promote add-on sales.
- Promote the value of Ace Rewards and encourage neighbors to get one
- Conscious of shoplifting activity.
- Personally responsible for pursuing in-store training
- Recognition of merchandising issues, stock problems, pricing concerns, labeling and signage issues, etc. within your area of responsibility and/or the store as a whole; and notification of management on these issues.
Day to Day Operations
- Execute the daily operational, day to day goals and priorities assigned by store management
- Utilizes Trello as assigned by store management
- Assist with merchandising as requested by management
- Assist in the training and development of peers as requested by store management
- Actively participate in daily huddle meetings
- Participate in stocking truck and other shipments
- Assist with loadouts when available
- Responsive to safety issues
- Participate in daily cleaning tasks – eg. Bathrooms, floors, trash
- Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards including ownership of aisle maintenance of assigned aisles
- Participate in sharing product knowledge in huddles
- Become proficient and knowledgeable of the items that we carry
- Stay current on the items that we carry and know their locations within the store
- Be a team player. If you have finished your responsibilities then help others. Our end goal is a happy neighbor and it takes all of us to do this.
- Own your own training and always be learning new things.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- College preferred or vocational training.
- Possess vast product knowledge of hardware related products along with a willingness to learn.
- Sales and/or marketing experience with retail programs, establishing relationships and working with customers.
- Previous experience in a retail environment either in marketing, sales, or back office.
- Trade skills accompanied by a personality that will support our Core Values and mission.
- Knowledge of retail computer systems, email, MS Word and Excel a plus.
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently to load and unload customer orders.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff and customers a normal in-person and phone conversation.
- Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel.
- Ascend and descend ladder.
- Ability to work at heights.
License and Certificates:
- Must possess a current valid Colorado Driver’s License (if driving company vehicle)
- Upon hire must be willing to obtain and maintain forklift certification (where applicable.)
Rate of Pay: Dependent upon education and experience.