Job Function Property Maintenance
Education Level Not Specified
Schedule Preference Flexible
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month June 2021
Job Available Until Month December 2022
BenefitsFull time, year round position Dental and health care Paid vacation time Housing available
Summary: The Service Department Manager manages all aspects of HOA property maintenance – field work, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Property Service Manager ensures our client’s facilities are well-cared for and functional. This is a leadership role, supporting all members of the Service Department, implements and enforces the CMC / Stay Winter Park standard in all areas supervised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Some of these duties may be delegated to staff, however the Service Department Manager remains responsible for the results. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
Plans the work and routines for the HOA properties and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns daily duties, contractual work and special tasks for the service staff to facilitate building services. Schedules employees within the department based on seasonal service requirements and business levels. Ensures budget is adhered to and explains variances where applicable.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Provides estimates for in-house service team projects, coordinates bids with contractors
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (service technicians, janitors etc.)
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Manages the vehicle fleet
- Reviews daily work completed and inspects work of the staff
- Ability to service pools and hot tubs
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for supervision and training of all Service Department maintenance technicians.
Skills and Attributes
Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role within maintenance, construction or building services. Previous property or facilities experience preferred. The ideal candidate would have snow plowing experience, CPO certification, management experience, Microsoft Office, mHelp.
Suitable for field work and business casual for meetings