Job Function Technician
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month October 2021
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsHealth Insurance (medical only) Tax-free Health Reimbursement Arrangement plan (HRA) 100% Employer contributed retirement Uniforms PTO Paid sick leave
Independent Propane is currently in search of a highly-driven individual with a strong work ethic and experience in the propane industry. The Service Technician (ST) role will be responsible for maintaining propane systems, performing routine repairs, and troubleshooting customer service issues.
- Possess various piping, electronic, and mechanical skills, as well as intelligence, diligence, and an interest in doing your job in a professional, workmanlike manner.
- Adhere to Company procedures while providing service to LP-Gas systems.
- Maintain a strong commitment to safety and customer service in all aspects of work.
- Operate power equipment requiring judgment, strength, and dexterity.
- Evaluate options for techniques, materials, and parts; if required, select the appropriate combination while considering both cost and availability.
- Utilize techniques and materials to install these parts in an intelligent fashion with customer benefit in mind.
- Perform work with excellence and in a timely, orderly, and efficient manner.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- 2-3 years job-related (Propane) experience preferred.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- CDL-B with HAZMAT/TANKER endorsements are a plus, but not required.
- HVAC, Electrical, CTEP Training (can provide after employment if necessary)
- Track Pipe Certificate a plus.
- Knowledge of underground and above-ground vapor and liquid gas piping is a plus.
- The physical ability (including vision and hearing) to walk on or across uneven or steep terrain, lift and move moderate amounts of weight (75 lbs), and control weight suspended from a crane.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic including working with decimals and fractions and is capable of reading and interpreting various gauges.
- Maintain a very high ethical standard; follow the Golden Rule–“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- Be pleasant and courteous with clients, coworkers, and other team members; adhere to guidelines in the Employee Handbook in daily tasks and interpersonal interactions.
- Be able to pass random drug tests and adhere to DOT standards.