Job Function Other
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month September 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park; you get experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The Camp’s Manager is responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of all SRS camps. Delegate major front-line tasks including lesson-assignment, on-snow operations, and performance evaluation. Works closely with their subordinate team to achieve goals, meet operational standards, and offer excellent guest and employee experiences. Regularly works across departments within the School or Resort to ensure the highest quality lessons possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Oversee all aspects of the camp’s programs which relate to guest volume, lesson assignment, instructor scheduling, and guest satisfaction
- Design and implement procedures and standards. Regularly coach supervisors or staff as required.
- Bring innovative ideas to improve the overall success of the Ski + Ride School
- Model a high level of professionalism for supervisors and staff. Encourage an enjoyable and safe working environment.
- Coordinate with Guest Services, Rentals, Supervisors, and other staff to accommodate any operational challenges.
- Responsible for responding to and rectifying guest complaints
- Understand subordinate employees’ goals and help them to reach milestones throughout the season.
- Oversee all staff evaluations on an ongoing basis. Be a leader of staff observations, recognition, empowerment, and engagement.
- Monitor and audit lessons for quality. Assist or coach staff to improve guest satisfaction. Recommend or host training if necessary.
- Adhere to and enforce all SRS & Resort policies and procedures. Perform disciplinary actions as required. Ensure all paperwork is completed promptly.
- Delegates all on-snow responsibilities. Be prepared to assist with any front-line operations, especially on peak days.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One-year supervisory experience or equivalent responsibility is required
- Minimum five years of experience as a Snowsports instructor preferred but not required
- Scheduling experience is preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- PSIA or AASI level 2 certification is required
- PSIA or AASI Level 3 or above preferred but not required
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts’ hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts’ total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay range: $28-33. This position is exempt from overtime.
Sept 24 to end April – YES winter seasonal / not benefit eligible – starts at $28/hour as salary ($1,120/work week)