Job Function Guest Services
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month June 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
WHO WE ARE: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
PERKS & BENEFITS: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for providing exceptional guest service by assisting guests with information, selection of appropriate Bike School lessons/programs, rental products, season passes & lift tickets, tours, directing expectations and processing sales. The Agent is responsible for daily reporting and accounting procedures to verify all sales of lessons, tickets and tours and balancing the value of products sold with monies received. The Agent provides information, answers questions, handles complaints and assists each guest regarding lessons, special programs, tours and tickets, slope conditions, lift and trail access, and general information about the Winter Park/Fraser area. The Agent must maintain a friendly, sincere and professional manner and be willing to share their enthusiasm for winter sports and the Fraser Valley experience. Ongoing learning and professional common sense are needed to support guest and company needs. The Agent consistently follows Intrawest/Winter Park Operations Corporation policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Answer general and specific questions, giving accurate information.
- Assist with selection of appropriate lessons, special programs, season passes & lift tickets, activities tickets & information, tours and bike rental packages by verbally communicating complete details of all products, prices and pertinent information.
- Responsible for working knowledge of all lessons, special programs and procedures and lesson locations, rental packages, lift tickets, season pass products, tours, product pricing, WP programs and events.
- Participate in lessons and tours to fully understand and experience on-hill operations.
- Be familiar with all rental equipment to fully understand and experience differences in products.
- Be current on weather and snow conditions, special events and promotions within Marketing/Sales, Competition Center, the Town of Winter Park, and general ski area information.
- Learn and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the computerized product sales system, including sales, discounts, comps, accounts receivable, returns, refunds, payment types and operation of printers.
- Process lessons, rentals, tours, and ticket & pass sales; collect payment and give correct change; process tickets, vouchers, liability release forms, and rental forms. Direct guests to appropriate meeting place and time. Set expectations for lesson, program or tour. Direct guests to complete risk management information where applicable.
- Coordinate lessons/tours and students/participants with on-hill bike supervisors and tour guides, through personal, radio and telephone communication. Direct group leader in locating bike patrol to file liability release and emergency care consent forms.
- Collect guest comment information, obtaining guest data when designated and process information appropriately.
- Professionally handle guest complaints and help solve guest problems.
- Prepare daily cash summary by counting and recording all monies received. Sales range from approx. $100 to $40,000+ per drawer per day. Produce daily-computerized sales reports, accounts receivable reports, comp reports and provide backup for all discounts, comps, returns, refunds and replacements. Accurately balance sales report against cash report.
- Maintain awareness/general knowledge of where to direct groups or their members for scheduled equipment fit times/lessons/tubing/etc. and knowledge of Group Desk location for the purpose of directing groups or their members for ticket issues, group rate additional purchases, injury returns/refunds, etc.
- Complete all data entry of Children’s Center participant information and file all forms appropriately.
- Responsible for being informed on all special promotions within Guest Services.
- Learn all Bike School, Tour Center, Activities, Pass & Ticket sales policies and procedures, as well as on-hill operations.
- Agents are responsible for the selling of tickets at the correct discounted price and during the correct time frame, as set forth by the Marketing Department. Agents must maintain accuracy while working with several different Travel Agent and Wholesale prices on any given ticket.
- Attend regular staff meetings to discuss work assignments and review updates on pertinent information. Read staff notes and company memos daily.
- Maintain sufficient supplies, forms, brochures and ticket stock at workstations.
- Assist lobby, wait-lines, specific programs and tour check-in as needed.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude, while effectively dealing with guests and other employees. Show cooperation and pleasant attitude. Strive to facilitate an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Report and/or correct unsafe conditions regarding equipment, work area and ski area in general.
- Maintain a neat, organized and clean work area.
- Keep information boards, brochure racks and map boxes stocked and orderly.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Second language desirable.
- One year cashiering experience, retail sales, front desk, accounting or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills, typing/keyboard.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Experience in guest service, public relations and public speaking desirable.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Must be able to perform well under pressure and have the ability and maturity to field complaints and deal with guest issues in a professional, caring, effective manner.
- Intermediate level skiing/snowboarding ability desirable.
- Minimum one season experience with Winter Park Resort preferable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $16.50 – $21.00 per hour