Job Function Other
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Weekday
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month September 2021
Job Available Until Month December 2022
BenefitsBenefits You Can Expect Positive culture Job, service, and sales training Competitive compensation Paid personal time off Up to 11 paid observed holidays per calendar year Medical insurance Dental coverage Vision insurance Roth and Traditional 401(k), with generous employer match Company paid short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, and life insurance
At Blue, we discover pathways to realize your possibilities. Our Teller position greets and acknowledges members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner. This position also focuses on:
- Promptly, accurately and efficiently process member financial transactions including but not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, wire transfers, official checks, money orders, other negotiable instruments and necessary general ledger postings according to policies, procedures, and standards. Accurately complete Currency Transaction Reports (CTR’s) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR’s) when needed. Ensure proper identification is presented for appropriate transactions. Maintain a high degree of member confidentiality.
- Performs account maintenance to include but not limited to address changes, phone numbers, travel advisories, diary memos, and email address. Responds to member inquiries and requests of account information such as loan payoffs, balances, check orders, maturity dates, payment history, late fees, rates, etc. according to policies, procedures, and standards. Ensure proper identification is presented for appropriate inquiries and requests.
- Assists with branch teller duties to include but not limited to ATM and night drop transactions, verifying cash/coin shipments, balancing cash machine and vaults, and performing opening and closing procedures adhering to security procedures and internal controls. Scans/emails any necessary documents to appropriate departments.
- Maintains, balances and verifies cash drawer denominations and totals throughout shift and at end of shift. Researches and tries to resolve discrepancies. Reports any discrepancy to the manager or appointed staff member on duty. Completes required teller reports and end of shift work.
- Completes all required quarterly/annual product knowledge exams and mandatory trainings. Participates in all Wednesday trainings/meetings and sales & service development activities
- Provides assistance to the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager on an as needed basis filling in at the branch where needed or at other branches for peak coverage, shortages, or vacations.
- Listens and responds to members’ situations or complaints utilizing credit union service skills; offers solutions and if unable to resolve guides members to the appropriate staff or management for assistance.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all Credit Union products and services in order to deepen member relationships. Identifies and recommends products/services best suited for potential and existing members and refers to appropriate staff.
Experience: A minimum of one year up to three years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
Education/Certifications/Licenses: A high school degree or GED is required.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
Other Skills: Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. PC proficient, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet. Excellent communication skills. Good math Skills. Must possess a service orientation and be willing to sell products and services. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and operate business equipment including adding machine, copy/fax machine, telephone, computer, coin machine and cash counter.