Job Function Other
Education Level GED/High School
Schedule Preference Fixed
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month August 2022
Job Available Until Month Year round
BenefitsFree season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America. Discounted tickets for your friends & family Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
Assist with operating, inspecting and maintaining building mechanical, water, sewer, heat and gas systems. Assist with routine system inspections and log keeping, some of which is required by state of Colorado law. This position offers an opportunity to learn the trade on the job, and is responsible for compliance with applicable rules and regulations of Winter Park Operations Corporation and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems in the Utilities group including, but not limited to:
- Restaurant equipment, including, but not limited to, gas-fired equipment, fryers, and refrigeration/AC equipment,
- Sewer systems, lift stations and related components,
- Heat systems, boilers and furnaces, controls and safety devices, and related equipment.
- Water systems, controls, pumps and valves, regulators and back flow preventers ,
- Gas systems, natural and propane,
- Building exhaust and ventilating equipment,
- Fire protection systems,
- Compressed air equipment,
- Fuel tanks and related storage equipment,
- Power tools, selected office machines and other equipment, as required.
- Perform and log routine inspections of water treatment facilities, fuel tanks and dispensing equipment, boilers and other regulated equipment using computer organization skills to maintain compliance with state regulations.
- Report and/or correct unsafe conditions. Be knowledgeable about and meet or exceed OSHA regulations.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with the guests and other employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Building maintenance, related field, or trade school certification desired.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- A basic knowledge for hand tools and the ability to use them on the job required.
- 2 years of experience in a mechanical maintenance and service or related trade.
- Strong but basic computer organization and record keeping skills.
- Experience, training, or certification in, but not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Operation and maintenance of restaurant equipment, refrigeration and AC systems
- Operation and maintenance of heat systems, including low pressure hot water boilers, controls and safety devices.
- Gas fired furnaces and unit heaters.
- Heating and ventilation equipment.
- Plumbing installation or maintenance.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and a clean motor vehicle record required.
- Able to operate a motor vehicle required.
- Able to operate a snowmobile required.
- Computer organizational skills using basic windows tools and software.
- Hands-on and quick to respond to all utilities calls.
- Basic hand and power tool skills required.
- Ability to operate heavy power equipment including but not limited to pipe threaders, drill press, saws, sewer and drain cleaning equipment and grinders.
- Ability to learn to operate, but not limited to, the following equipment:
- Voltage testers, multimeters, amp meters,
- Electric and acetylene soldering equipment,
- Gas and arc welding equipment,
- Pipe and cable locators,
- Gas leak detectors,
- Trucks, vehicles, snowmobiles, tracked snow machines,
- Other tools and selected equipment in other shops, as required.
- Trouble shooting skills required.
- Mechanical background desired.
- Ability to use materials that include potentially hazardous chemicals, including but not limited to, chemical drain cleaners, solvents, acids, lubricants, spray paints, chlorine as gas and HTH powder, glues and adhesives, and glycol antifreeze.
- Honest and demonstrates integrity.
- Able to follow established resort policies and procedures.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Maintain a high level of caution and common sense while performing duties.
- Flexible with available hours and days of work, based on resort needs.
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within defined guidelines.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude for others to follow.
- Takes responsibility and sees projects/tasks through to completion.
- Thrives in a fast-paced working environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work outside in the winter and summer, in a mountain environment with variable weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 150lbs with assistance.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 250lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to control equipment and operate power tools.
- Must be able to climb a 40’ ladder.
- Must be able to balance on ladders and scaffolding, occasionally.
- Must be able to kneel, crouch, stoop and crawl while working on and accessing equipment.
- Must be able to reach while working on equipment.
- Must be able to talk/hear ordinary conversations frequently.
- Must be able to work in extreme cold occasionally, servicing refrigeration equipment and snowmobiling to work locations.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat occasionally, boiler and machinery rooms.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment occasionally.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and standard office equipment occasionally.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- At times the physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts’ hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts’ total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay range: $21-$25