Job Category Janitorial
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month October 2020
Job Available Until Month December 2020
BenefitsFull time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick and vacation time, volunteer day of service, and much more! Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Porter
Reports To: Community Association Manager
Schedule: Saturday, Sunday, Monday; Hours TBD
Customary Behavior: To consciously, specifically, intentionally practice our Core Values, Mission Statement, and Our Shared Commitment daily.
Summary: Under regular supervision of the Community Manager, the Custodian performs any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain a safe and clean environment within the structure of the property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Clean hallways, lobbies and elevators
• Vacuum, sweep, scrub, wax and polish floors using brooms, mops or powered machines
• Dust and polish furniture
• Wash windows, walls, doors as necessary
• Remove debris from Spa area, organize the Spa furniture, clean grill exterior
• Empty trash containers in common areas
• Disinfect equipment and supplies using germicides
• Clean and stock restrooms
• Observe and report any maintenance needs or unusual issues in common areas, including hallways, lobby, elevators, grounds and parking garage
• Submit re-order requests to maintain adequate inventory of supplies and equipment
• Maintain a neat and organized cleaning storage area
• Complete a daily report(s) and check list(s)
• Carries designated, shared cell phone during shift
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent communicator
• Delivers and exceeds client, resident, guest expectations
• Acknowledges residents and guests
• Presents a professional demeanor and possesses a “Client-First” attitude
• Effectively assists with resident’s needs and responds to resident and guest inquiries/questions
• Performs cleaning responsibilities with attention to detail
• Submits required records, logs, and reports
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
• Self-starter; takes initiative
• Must be customer-service oriented
• Meet quality standards
• Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, staff and outside resources• Must be observant and show attention to detail
• Must be familiar with proper use of cleaning equipment and chemicals
• Must be capable of performing duties with limited supervision
• Must perform general physical activities that require use of arms and legs, heavy lifting, moving of heavy objects, balancing, stooping, handling of materials, operating cleaning machines
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity and Life Balance.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• At least 6 months related experience in housekeeping
While performing the duties of this position, the porter may come into contact with residents and guests. This role is primarily responsible for cleaning common areas and routinely uses standard cleaning equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move items of medium to heavy weight.