Job Category Mechanic
Schedule Preference FlexibleFixedWeekdayDayNight
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month November 2020
Job Available Until Month December 2020
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone together.
The Facilities Team Leader will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
The primary responsibility for this position is to direct and coordinate a team of 1 to 8 team members, providing janitorial and bussing service to base and mountain facilities, special event assignments, assisting guests in a friendly and helpful manner, and assisting other departments when necessary.
Qualified applicants must be 18 years of age or older, have a High School Diploma or GED, experience working with public, be in good physical condition able to perform moderate to heavy lifting and snow removal duties. Applicant should be a team player, hardworking and self-starter. Must be willing to work extra hours during busy periods. Valid driver’s license and good driving record desirable. Some supervisory experience, good people skills and familiarity with janitorial operations and equipment is desirable.
- Assist facilities supervisor training team members in all aspects of job duties, policies, procedures, employee and guest relations, and ski area & related information. Communicate expectations, monitor performance, and discipline to ensure competence and maintain quality. Document actions, complete and conduct performance updates and evaluations. Recognize outstanding performance.
- Help establish work priorities in conjunction with supervisor, other departments, and overlap between day/night/mountain leaders, then assigns members through daily cleaning schedules and/or the section board.
- Complete daily checklists, work orders, and other operational paperwork.
- Enters all hours worked into appropriate accounts, tardiness and absences of each employee on the computer program.
- Observes and assists team members to insure they complete assignments, maintain a neat, clean appearance, and congenial manner with all guests. Handles guest complaints with diplomacy, or refers them to supervisor, creating harmony.
- Maintain janitorial equipment, supplies and closets.
- Assist facilities supervisor with minor repairs of furnishings, fixtures, mechanical and electrical systems, structural systems.
- Perform opening procedures to insure all facilities and surrounding areas are clean, safe, and ready for use, and closing procedures to maintain security of facilities under their responsibility.
- Be aware of, take appropriate action to correct, and/or report to Supervisor or proper authority any major malfunctions, unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
- Maintain security of facilities in coordination with Security personnel. Perform opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Assist Supervisor training employees in safety procedures and standards.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and utilize required safety equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or GED – General Education Development (High School equivalency) is required.
- At least one season experience in janitorial maintenance.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
- Demonstrated janitorial and supervisory ability at Winter Park Resort, desirable.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Staging, drapes, skirting, AV equipment, and other special event equipment set up.
- Ladders and scaffolding experience. Public relation skills.
- Must be able to operate resort 4×4 trucks and small equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office suite desirable.
- Public speaking experience desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
- Assist with janitorial needs and coordination of special events.
- Advise facilities supervisor of supply, equipment, and major cleanup or maintenance needs. Schedules and directs teams to complete these needs.
- Assist guests and employees with directions and information in a friendly, professional manner. Effectively handle first-line conflicts and grievances.
- Directs and/or performs snow removal and parking duties as assigned.
- Lift and move furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Be aware of area cleanliness. Throughout the day, pick up trash that if noticed.
- Acts as specific project leader as assigned.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, additional hours, and respond to last minute schedule changes as demands require.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.