Job Category Building and grounds
Qualification Not Specify
Schedule Preference FixedWeekdayFlexibleNightDay
Experience Level Entry Level
Job Start Month November 2020
Job Available Until Month December 2020
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone togethe
The Grounds Services Laborer performs all general maintenance and snow removal duties necessary to prepare and maintain the Winter Park Resort grounds, parking lots, and roadways in a clean, attractive, functional, and reasonable safe condition. Performs tasks to provide parking, traffic, and shuttle services in a friendly, professional, efficient manner with an emphasis on safety. Establishes first contact with guests and provides assistance as needed. Follow consistently all policies set forth in the Employee Handbook. Complies with all regulations set forth by the Colorado Department of Transportation and Motor Vehicle Bureau.
- Remove snow and ice from base facilities and parking areas including stairs, decks, grates, walkways, roofs, and drives utilizing shovels, scrapers, and snow blowers. Keep base and mountain transformers, meters, fire hydrants, ski racks, miscellaneous equipment free of snow
- Check areas designated on sanding log for icy conditions and spread sand and/or ice melt as necessary. Complete log consistently.
- Operate skid-steers, snow blowers, lawn equipment, and Zamboni as necessary.
- Assist to properly maintain walkways, facilities, and exits. Monitor orderly flow of pedestrians through Village zone.
- Assist with the wagon hauling operation (winters only).
- Perform trash removal and litter pick up duties in parking areas, roadways, and around Village facilities. Be aware of trash throughout the day.
- Perform general grounds maintenance tasks including fence installation and maintenance, outdoor furniture repair, delineator and sign installation, sweeping, hauling supplies, work area housekeeping.
- Inspect grounds for maintenance needs and potential hazards as designated on Grounds Checklist. Complete log consistently.
- Assist with duties in the Village required to execute the maintenance and snow removal contracts.
- Be alert for potential hazards involving vehicles, pedestrians, and equipment. Take responsible action to prevent accidents. Report and/or correct any unsafe conditions.
- Follow, consistently, safety procedures and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Assist with vehicle, public, and employee accidents as required. Follow accident reporting procedures.
- Assist guests and employees with directions and information in a friendly, congenial, professional manner. Effectively handle first-line conflicts and problems.
- Perform tasks related to the production of special events and Christmas set up. Control special event and VIP parking areas during special events.
- Assist local Sheriffs Officers, Security, and/or Ski Patrol with emergency victim evacuation and accident response.
- Assist Security and Facilities with fire and other building emergencies. Assist in the evacuation of guests and employees as requested.
- Assist contractors, tenants, and other Winter Park crews with hauling, clean up, and construction projects.
- Maintain drain pans, drop inlets, culverts, drainage ditches in working order; free from ice, debris, sediment buildup.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment in proper condition and store correctly. Complete vehicle and equipment inspections. Report problems to supervisor. Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED desirable.
- 1-2 years of Grounds, landscape and/or snow removal work or equivalent outdoor maintenance.
- Proficient skills operating skid-steer loaders.
- Experience working with public desirable, with demonstrated ability to remain calm and congenial under stressful conditions.
- Driving experience and small equipment operation experience desirable.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Familiarity with Winter Park Resort and surrounding services desirable.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Must be able to work a four 10 hour day week including weekends and holidays. May be asked to work additional hours.
- Must be on-call for snow removal and available to start work at 2:00 a.m. seven days per week during ski season.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and public relations skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 75 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.