Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month May 2020
Job Available Until Month Year round
The Journeyman Lift Mechanic completes mechanical maintenance, modification, construction and inspection of lifts as directed by the Lift Maintenance Manager. He / She complies with applicable policies, procedures and regulations of Granby Ranch, Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board (CPTSB), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), lift manufacturers and insurance carriers. This person follows Granby Ranch policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Watch for hazards and potential hazards involving passengers, employees and machinery.
• Report and/or correct conditions which may negatively affect guest or employee safety.
- In the event of an emergency, follow Granby Ranch policies and procedures.
- Attend periodic safety meetings to increase safety awareness.
- Wears appropriate safety equipment.
• Performs routine mechanical maintenance on lifts to maintain lifts to Granby Ranch, CPTSB, ANSI, lift manufacturer and insurance carrier standards.
• Builds, and installs modifications as per Granby Ranch, CPTSB, ANSI, lift manufacturer and insurance carrier standards.
• Performs annual routine maintenance and periodic inspections on lifts to ensure reliability and compliance with applicable standards.
• Troubleshoots lift problems as they occur.
• Performs pre-operational lift start-up inspection to ensure that each lift is ready to run each day.
• Operates shop equipment and power and hand tools both in the shop and on the mountain in the repair and maintenance of lifts.
• Advises the Lift Operations Supervisor of changing conditions or occurrences that may adversely affect the lift machinery and/or its passengers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Education – High school diploma or GED is required.
• Specialized training – Successful completion of an accredited mechanics course (2 semesters) that included welding, mechanics, and precision measuring instrument use preferred.
• At least two years experience in the mechanical maintenance field, or a related field. Experience may be substituted for specialized training; two years experience for one year specialized training.
• At least two years lift operations and/or lift maintenance/apprentice experience strongly preferred
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge of hydraulics and low voltage circuitry are desirable, but not required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Current standard first aid card is desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
• The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
• Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
• Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Granby Ranch, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Granby Ranch to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.