Job Category Hospitality
Schedule Preference FixedWeekdayDay
Experience Level Mid Level
Job Start Month December 2020
Job Available Until Month December 2020
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Owned by the City and County of Denver, and managed by Alterra/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park is part of the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Alterra’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
The Room Inspector inspects lodging facilities to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the establishment. This employee is responsible for the training and correcting of all housekeeping employees (in conjunction with the Manager of Housekeeping and Housekeeping Supervisor). The Room Inspector will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Trains and coaches a team of Core, Regular, Seasonal, and Part Time Housekeeping Staff (in conjunction with the Manager of Housekeeping and Housekeeping Supervisor)
- Ensures the employees have to the skills, tools, and knowledge required to perform their job at the highest level (while remaining engaged)
- Demonstrates standards and procedures for housekeeping staff to follow, including: OSHA standards, Alterra G&Os, Quality Assurance Program, Check-Lists, Safety Standards, Guest Service Standards, and all company SOPs ( including HotSOS and Unifocus)
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the establishment
- Documents inspection forms to hold cleaners accountable and to use as recognition or re-training tools
- Investigates and improves new cleaning instruments and methods
- Researches green initiatives and products
- Has working knowledge of equipment and periodically inventories and orders supplies and equipment (as required)
- Manages a safe employee and guest environment
- Ensures proper and timely communication with the Front Desk, regarding: owner/guest special requests, early check-ins, late check-outs, and room moves
- Is responsible that the Housekeeping staff follows the established uniform and appearance policies and takes corrective action if necessary
- Works as a room attended to clean units when needed
- Responsible for off-season duties, such as spring and fall deep cleans
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
- Knows the Winter Park Resort Core Values and models them to other employees
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & moderate computer functionality preferred
- At least two (2) years of related experience preferred
- Experience at a Mountain Resort Lodging Property preferred
- Experience with computer systems such as Springer-Miller Systems (SMS) Property Management System, Kronos, and/or J.D. Edwards (JDE) preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Is honest and demonstrates integrity
- Follows established resort policies and procedures
- Is able to manage confidential information
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within defined guidelines
- Is supportive of resort mission and core values
- Sets a positive attitude for others to follow
- Is comfortable challenging established policies and procedures, but once decisions are made, is supportive of decisions
- Is organized and capable of performing multiple tasks
- Is trustworthy and self-directed in work tasks
- Sees projects through to completion including follow-ups on any identified issues or long-term concerns
- Is able to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Is flexible with days and hours of work, based on resort needs
- Prioritizes, and re-prioritizes personal time versus work needs to ensure a good balance in life, and quality of work.
- Every guest encountered will be acknowledged, thanked and invited back
- At the end of the day, you will know you had a positive impact on our guests
- Employee will strive to exceed guest’s expectations
- Fulfills all owner and guest requests in a timely and professional manner
- Has strong knowledge of the resort/department, products, services, has experienced many of those products and services
- Listens carefully to owner and guest needs and expectations
- Anticipates & quickly responds to all owner & guest needs and potential concerns
- Communicates will all vendors in a professional manner at all times
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to an average shift of 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 200 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach different floors of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment and products.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to non-slip shoes, protective eye wear, and protective gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.